.223 ammo

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by norcalgun, Jun 29, 2013.

1. norcalgun

norcalgun New Member

Does anyone have any good recommendations for purchasing .223 ammo online?

2. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I've used Ammo To Go in the past. However it seems their pricing is still a bit high IMHO. Not criminally high like CTD's .22 LR ammo, but not down to what used to be normal.
    Ammo engine has listings, but it's certainly not the cheap plinking stuff.
    Keep an eye on local retailers, I know sportsman's warehouse and others are seeing it come in more & more.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013

3. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

i've never personally considered ammo to go to be cheap, even when times are good...but they almost always seem to have something available.....there were times when they were the ONLY place to have anything! and they never limit.

right now imo, if you want bulk, it makes sense to go online. however, i haven't seen good deals on 223 in stock online in quite some time.

i think you might get better deals picking up 100 rounds at a time from the major retail stores who don't gouge the prices. but that requires a lot of time and patience (and often luck).

4. sparky17

sparky17 New Member

Keep checking locally too. Last night I saw 1000 round boxes of Federal at Dick's. They had 2 - $459 each. 2 weeks ago I was in Norman OK and got re-branded PPU for $6.99 a box for brass at Academy Sports. They also had steel for $5.99.

5. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Palmetto State Armory is good source.

Aim Imports too when they have it in stock.

6. poolplayer

poolplayer New Member

Also look at gunbot.com.

7. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Correction - www.gunbot.net is the website.

8. sniper762

sniper762 New Member