.223 ammo @ Cabela's

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Westy, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Westy

Westy New Member

I see Cabela's has .223 PMC brass on sale for $ 5.99 per box of 20. That's $299.59 per 1,000.

Cheapest price I've seen on brass for a while!

2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Unfortunately they charge sales tax but the shipping is free if you have a Cabelas Visa.

3. Westy

Westy New Member

I go by there everyday, so no shipping here. Even with tax, $320 per 1K is a great deal in my book. :D

4. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

I have never been charged sales tax when ordering from Cabelas.

5. Westy

Westy New Member

Perhaps they only charge tax online if you live in the same state as the
    store.

6. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

freedom munitions just had a GREAT krazy deal... unfortunately, I've written way too many big checks in the last couple of weeks, and couldn't even justify the $129/500 :(

7. Westy

Westy New Member

I hopped on their mailing list. I could live with that for a few thousand if it's US mfg.

8. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Natchez, you can't beat them when they are having a sale.

9. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Their krazy deals always limit the amount you can purchase, and they are only for an extremely limited amount of time.

10. LongRifle50

LongRifle50 New Member

Answer: range picked up brass. I am always on the lookout for brass left by people who don't reload. Even if its one or two rounds. I pick them up and throw them in a jar. They add up. I just reloaded 600 of the .223 a couple of weeks ago. Cost of brass = $ 0.00. And i can reload it anywhere from 5-10 times, depending on how it holds up.

11. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Yes they are the cheapest i found so far for the time being. Ordered 1K rounds days ago. They shipped and will be arriving this coming thursday.