22 WMR recommendations

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Banger, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Banger

Banger New Member

I'm looking for a 22 mag. in a revolver. As with any firearm, a reliable and accurate shooter are the main points of consideration. I would like for at least a 6 inch barrel or longer. Medium price range.

What recommendations can you share ? Thanks in advance.

2. thatonespot

thatonespot New Member

I can only recommend one, the Ruger single six with the magnum cylinder. Six inch barrel.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013

3. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

I recommend not getting a cheap Taurus.

4. thatonespot

thatonespot New Member

A charter arms revolver is a bit of a gamble, but overall i've heard they are reliable, accurate guns. Never held one myself, this is all secondhand info.

5. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Ruger Single Six. Bunch of different barrel options.

6. txpossum

txpossum New Member

Another vote for the Ruger Single Six.

7. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Ruger Single Nine. Like the Single Ten, but in 22MAG. It hits every one of your needs, OP.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  8. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

I don't know what your budget is. The Ruger is a very good handgun. Take a look at a Heritage Arms Rough Rider. You can get one with a conversion barrel around the $200 range. They are accurate and fun to shoot. I have a couple I've been shooting for a few years and they are showing no signs of wearing out. good luck

9. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

I didn't think the Taurus Trackers were "cheap" (wanted to get the stainless 6.5" with the conversion cyl.).....

10. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

I'm going to send you in a totally different direction...go find a good used High Standard in .22WMR

Heritage makes some decent ones for low bucks...
    and I just bought a Chiappa...but can safely say stay away from Blued...their bluing sux...get the case-color.
    [​IMG]

11. rachilders

rachilders New Member

I agree 100% with the above post. I own several of the Heritage Arms pistols in .22 and they are great little guns (My kids love to shoot 'em), especially for the price. BTW, they normally come with a cylinder in .22LR as well as .22Mag.

12. Donn

Donn Active Member

+1. I've got one and it'll hit wherever you point it every time.

13. jimmyp7162

jimmyp7162 New Member

I've owned both the single six and the heritage. Currently just have the heritage and amazed at how accurate it is. Finish and overall quality isn't like the ruger....but it functions without a hitch. So,,,,you can buy two heritage rough riders or one ruger, either way you can't go wrong in my opinion, although my heritage is getting sloppy loose and I will be picking up a single six, which will not wear out in my lifetime.

14. JW357

JW357 New Member

I'm not sure if its still made but S&W used to make the model 648. 6" bbl, six shot. If you can find it used I'm sure the price would be reasonable. I've never shot it, but its a Smith wheel gun. Lets get real, here.

Just thought I'd stir the pot a lil bit and give you yet anther option.

15. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have to throw my hat in the ring for the Heritage as well. I have one that is insanely accurate and has beautiful grips and a deep, dark finish. I have had no problem with Taurus, either, but Heritage wins the price war hands down.

Also, check the Heritage site for examples of all of the different grips and finishes or you'll kick yourself for buying too quickly! And hold out for the convertible .22LR/.22WMR - the price difference is $40-50 and well worth having both calibers.

16. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

+1 Ruger single six.Had one, traded it, but it was the most solid .22 I ever owned.

17. big shrek

Warranty...send it in for some Factory Loving!!

18. big shrek

High Standard made some insanely nice revolvers...but you can only find 'em used these days...
    still, they tend to be more precise than the folks holding 'em ;)

Poke around a bit, you may find an incredible bargain out there :)

19. Banger

Banger New Member

Just for those who was wondering, I ended up going with the Heritage. Obviously the Ruger is top notch, but I couldn't pass up the deal I found on the rough rider.

Thanks for the advice.

20. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Congrats...enjoy