22 TCM Heard of it?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by downsouth, Nov 1, 2012.

1. downsouth

downsouth New Member

I only heard of it today. Rock Island is producing the handgun, looked like a 45 from what I could tell. Armscor is making ammo. A 9mm necked down to a 22.

According to the guy in the video it is accurate out to, "2000 yards" if I heard him right.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iIaYafE2Uo&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

2. JonM

JonM Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

i dont care how much powder you stuff behind a .22 bullet its not getting out to 2000 yards lolololol

3. downsouth

downsouth New Member

What I was thinking also. I think he got a little excited in his ignorance.

4. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

Yeah, no way a .22 is going to be accurate that far. Interesting idea though.

On a side note; has Gello seen your profile pic yet?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  5. downsouth

downsouth New Member

I don't.know but I'm sure he will have something to say about it.

6. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

The vid was kinda cool, but if that guy says Assault Rifle one more time I'm gonna lose it!

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Of course a .22 will shoot 2000 yards. Fire it straight down from an aircraft at 6000 ft. It will hit the ground almost every time.

Of course, you just witnessed a future reporter for CNN. His number probably came from the reported MV of 2000 fps.

Yeah. looks very cool. By the way, how many of you have heard of a .256 Winchester Magnum? That is a .357 Mag necked to .25 cal. How about a Johnson .22 Spitfire? .30 carbine necked to .22 cal.

The mag is from 1960, the Spitfire (at 3000 fps from a modified M1 Carbine) from 1963. Both are known mainly to cartridge collectors. Before I get all quivery, I;m going to wait and see what they are still shooting in 20 years. Now I got to go look for some .44 Automag ammo, and some 10mm Dornaus & Dixon- and if you see some Gyrojet ammo for a good price, let me know.

:p:D:)

8. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

I can help you w the Automag ammo c3;)

9. nitestalker

nitestalker Active Member

What the Hell was that all about. It looked like a wedding for the leader of the Medien Drug Cartel. As posted there is no way it is going to be accurate at 2,000 yds.

C3 I have owned or shot most of those rounds years ago. Colt chambered 3 Pythons for the souped up 25-20 .256 Mag. I would have owned one had Colt produced them. I have my old 5 screw dual cylinder Mdl. 53 .22 Remington Jet. which is now past 50 years old. I have shot 1,000s of rounds thru this gun and continue to use it to this day. As you know it is a .357 Mag. necked down to a .222 bullet. The Jet will run with any of these new super .22 pistol rounds. The Jet suffered from people who knew nothing about handloading. I notice the same thing happening with the 5.7 of today.:)