22 tcm as carry caliber?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by brandinm380, Nov 11, 2012.

1. brandinm380

brandinm380 New Member

In just learning about the 22 tcm. Thoughts or comments about using it as a carry caliber?

2. phildenton

phildenton New Member

Im not familiar with 22 tcm. That said, carry what you have, but if at all possible get sonething with more oomph. I recommend 380 or 38 as minimums, 32 as backup.

3. brandinm380

brandinm380 New Member

I currently carry a 380. I was just wondering if anyone here had any first hand experience with the caliber.

4. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Guess your carry'n the RAI 1911 that comes with a 9mm barrel also to get a handgun in 22tcm. It is a large heavy pistol at 38oz empty. I would carry a +P+ 9mm load instead of the 22tcm for CC. But I would never carry that size of a handgun u less it was a 357 or 44mag and be in the woods hunting. The double stack grip and weight would be very hard to CC unless you lived in cold enough climate to wear a larger coat.

5. brandinm380

brandinm380 New Member

Is that currently the only platform available in 22 tcm? I don't own anything in that caliber yet. I was just looking for someone with some firsthand experience with it. This thread might belong under a different category. Is there a ballistics thread or something i could repost in?

6. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

The ballistic are better than enough to be a viable cartidge for defence, its the platform thats the problem for CC. If the catridge was in a glock ??

7. wharvey

wharvey New Member

Hadn't heard of this one before today. Ballistics do look good but can't get the reason to use a small light .22 bullet in a full size gun, specially one that is as loud as this one.

Would possible make an interesting cartridge to use in a small light rifle for varmints, 4 leg type. For two legged type where I want the quickest stop possible, I want something a bit larger.