.22 Scopes?

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by xcoreyyyx, Jun 4, 2012.

1. xcoreyyyx

xcoreyyyx New Member

I have quite a few .22s that need scopes on them. The range I shoot at is 100 tops. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on semi-cheap scopes for .22s that are reliable and good in the long run. Maybe also a site too? Thanks.

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Rifles or handguns? Or does it not matter. I have a Bushnell scope on my Mark II as seen in my avatar. Suggested to me by a knowledgeable gun person. It is 2-6 X 32, I believe. Very nice scope. It ran me about $162 dollars but it's worth it.

3. xcoreyyyx

xcoreyyyx New Member

They will all be rifles. I am scoping 6 .22s and 160$x6 definitely would be more than what I have in the rifles already. I may also pick up an extra scope or 2 in case I pick up more soon. I was just looking for something kinda cheap but reliable so that I don't have to ironsight it all the time. It puts strain on my eyes at 100 yards.

4. xcoreyyyx

xcoreyyyx New Member

Those look quite nice. I will probably grab something along those lines. I may also check somewhere local to see if they have anything super cheap just laying around, maybe old models of something or another.

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

BSA, Simmons, Tasco all have some decent scopes that would work well on a 22 rifle. i have a Simmons 3-9x40 on mine and it works great and i think it's about $35-40 at most stores like Gander Mountain, Academy and WalMart. nice thing about a rimfire 22, next to no recoil, so you don't really have to spend a lot of money on scopes for them if you are not so inclined to.

7. xcoreyyyx

xcoreyyyx New Member

Yeah that looks quite nice ^^ I may just shell out the money to have some decent scopes even though they will be sitting on the wall for awhile considering its very unheard of to take 9 .22s to the range haha.

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Yeah I bookmarked it after your post. Looks like a good source. Thanks.

9. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

I have two of the 3-9X32 Simmons .22 Mag's on my two 10-22's and they are outstanding performers. For the $45 to $65 you'll pay for them, it is really hard to beat the quality. If you want a fine quality scope for your .22's that is just over the $100 mark, look at the Mueller APV. It is the choice among a lot of serious .22 shooters.

10. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

11. Dan308

Dan308 New Member

I own a few Tasco scopes and they are very good, but Tasco hasn't been worth beans since it was sold and the new company outsourced everything to China. I'm sorry to say Tasco is junk. I own 4 that were made in the Hakko plant in Japan and they are really great. Those days are gone.

Why not look at a good scope? Weaver makes great scopes at a reasonable price. Check this link http://swfa.com/Weaver-Classic-Rimfire-Scopes-C232.aspx Just buy one scope at a time.

After many years of hunting and target shooting, I'm done with the bottom line scopes. That's just false economy.

12. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

So, I bought a Tasco 3-9 x 40 scope at Walmart the other day to mount on the Mossberg 702. A friend said "Walmart doesn't sell good scopes." I took it to the range today and tested it out.

Junk, I say, just plain junk. I could not focus it, no focus adjustment.

So, I took it back and got a Center Point 4-16 x 40, adjustable objective. It was a double the price, but seems to be much better. I shall now test this one.

Attached Files:

13. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Good scope for the money. Just heavy.

14. Dan308

Dan308 New Member

I have Weaver V's on my .22 and .223 and I'll tell you they are much clearer and way more reliable. Once you get a really good scope, you'll never go back to junk.

15. kaido

kaido New Member

I wouldn't say ALL Walmart scopes are junk. It just seems like the stuff tasco gives them to sell is. I bought two air rifle scopes from there and the one wouldn't adjust while the other wouldn't hold a zero.

I've got two center points (4x32), ones on a 702 plinkster and the other is on an XT-22. I've put close to two thousand rounds through the one on my plinkster and it's help a zero just fine. Only time I've ever had to adjust it is when I cleaned the rifle. But that was only once, so I probably pumped it during the cleaning.

Other the the fact it's a fixed power scope it's pretty good and only cost about 30-40 bucks at Walmart.