.22 pistol

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by MGH, May 11, 2011.

1. MGH

MGH New Member

I'm looking around for a good .22 pistol; I like the Walther but I was wondering if there is another that might have a higher mag. capacity than 10.

It surprises me that they don't double stack rounds in magazines for the .22. I mean they're so tiny!

Anyway, let me know what you guys got.

2. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

I have the Walther. Ordered an S&W 617 that should arrive in the next few days.

3. Jake15

Jake15 New Member

I really love my ruger Mk III, nice accurate little pistol and rarely, if ever, jams

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Get a Ruger Charger. It uses the magazines for the 10/22.

You can't stack rimfire ammunition. They need a ritary mag or one like the 10/22 or Rem 597 uses.

For a true pistol I really like the Browning Buckmark.

5. jayguy

jayguy New Member

Take a look at the kel-tek pmr-30 it has a 30 round mag. but its in .22magnum I dont now if you want magnum or not.

6. FaTmAn

FaTmAn New Member

I have a neo made by beretta. While i find it fun to shoot with. i dont like the sights but dont want to put a red dot on it yet because going to use to teach the kids how to shoot a pistol with that. I knew i should of went with the mk III

7. MGH

MGH New Member

Thanks for the info guys, I'll take a look at the suggestions.

8. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

When it comes to Fun, Plinking Pistols...NOTHING beats the Calico M-110!!
    100-rounds per mag & has a 3/8'ths rail you can slap a laser on :D
    [​IMG]

9. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

I'd second you look into the Charger if you want something with a greater than 10 round mag. The Calicos are fun to shoot but are hard to find and are not extremely accurate.

10. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Mine does alright...if you remember that its a 4" barrel and treat it as such :)

Great for pie plates out to 25 yards , but after that, its shotgun patterns.
    Laser helps a LOT!!

They're all over Gunbroker & other auction sites...

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  11. Eric0424

Eric0424 New Member

The Buckmark, Ruger (Mk series and 22/45), Smith & Wesson 22A, the Beretta Neos, Whitney Wolverine, and nearly every other semi-auto 22 pistol use single stack mags. There are some exceptions, I know of a couple of 22 magnums that use double/stagger stack mags, not sure how there working out, the Remington 597 uses a stagger stack as well. (see quote & link from Remington below)

The Ruger 10/22 actually uses a rotary mag.

Rimfire Rifle - Model 597 - Remington Rimfire Rifle

12. masterblasterk22

masterblasterk22 New Member

Smith Wesson 617 Speedloader

I have a Smith & Wesson 617 10 shot and a Speed Bee speedloader and loading block. You can reload in 10 rounds in about 1 second. The smith 617 is a great gun well built accurate!

Buy the Smith at you local gun store I found the 617 speedloader at speed-beez.webstorepowered.com

be sure and get the loading blocks that's what make this gun fast to reload

I have of there largest loading block and I can load up a value pack of ammo for walmart and I ready for a lot of fast shooting that's how I got the knick name master blaster.

I have a k-22 masterpiece with the HKS loader wish someone made a loader like the speed bee for the six shot.

13. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

If you want a highly accurate 22LR pistol and if the price doesn't matter,I'd say a S&W 41 or a High Standard pistol.They are probably the most accurate 22's ever made.
    Next would be either a Browning Buckmark (my favorite) or a Ruger MkII orMkIII.The Ruger might shoot a little better than the Browning,but the takedown/reassembly of the Ruger is a PIA,and takes time to learn how to do it.

14. Uchahi

Uchahi New Member

I recently purchased a Ruger Mark 3 Target, and I think it is the best .22 pistol I have ever shot.

15. Biohazurd

Biohazurd New Member

If you want a tactical type .22 i prefer the bersa or firestorm .22s, If you can find one they are IMO much better quality then the walthers. (damn zinc slides.)

16. rodent.22

rodent.22 New Member

S&w .22

I had no idea these were so much fun- everyone who has shot it has had a smile on their face.

Attached Files:

17. masterblasterk22

masterblasterk22 New Member

I have one too. It's my favorite gun. you may want a speedloader for that ten shot cylinder...I found a great little speedloader for it on Amazon.com just search for the Speed Beez 617 speedloader to find it get a loading block too. A big one you'll be glad you did. Makes reloading almost as much fun as shooting the 617!

The top of mine says Speedbeez.com

18. Werminator

Werminator Member

I would agree with all the Mk supporters... For a reasonably priced .22 they are probably the most dependable and ergonomically the most like shooting a standard handgun. This is especially true of the 22/45 series. Take down can be a headache, but do it a couple times and it becomes easier. They require this be done fairly infrequently, though, and for my money it's a Mk or nothing...

19. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Active Member

Old stuff still out there for sale

The late 1980's and early 1990's anything was possible. Calico,Grendle,Tec

I thought I'd shake the tree some with some classic blaster rimfire handgun suggestions!
    I never own'd a Grendel model 30 but had two buddys that did!:) they both liked them even though they were finicky of the .22mag ammo they fed through ther 30 round mags:eek:
    they had a carbine big brother the R31.
    I had a Calico 110 but lost it in a bet.(dont ask)
    and had a Tec 22 for many years and lost count of the bricks of ammo that spill'd that bullet hose.

Attached Files:

20. Johnnyb

Johnnyb New Member

Ran across a high standard m101 in nickel Monday at a local pawn shop, they are asking $400 for it, granted it looks in near mint condition, no scratches dings exc. But is it really worth this much, I would be buying it as a teaching pistol not as a collectable, which is how they are looking at it