.22 Magnum

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by warriorzman, Jul 27, 2010.

1. warriorzman

warriorzman New Member

Hi, was thinking of getting a .22 magnum rifle. I already have a henry lever action and now i want a magnum... Which rifle do you guys prefer? I was looking into the Marlin 925m...... Is that a good rifle? I will be using this rifle for target practice at the range.

thanks.

2. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Marlin's 925M is a VERY solid platform, but the better one for Paper/Steel Targets is the Marlin 982-VS ;)

The Heavy Barrel on the 982-VS...it's unbelievably precise & helps resist heat from prolonged firing :D

However, the 925M is also capable of One-Ragged-Hole groups at 75 yards,
    so it ain't nothing to sneeze at either.

I've got a Marlin 25MN that regularly drops 'yotes, and I love it madly :D
    It was the reason I started collecting Marlin rifles...high precision in an inexpensive rifle!!
    Gotta LUV Marlins!!

3. Hunt SD

Hunt SD New Member

I have a Henry Golden Boy 22 magnum

4. JonathanGlass

JonathanGlass New Member

My friend has the model 982VS and it's a sweet shooter, if I had the chance to get it cheap i'd be all over it. I love .22 mags.

5. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

The Savage 93 is also a good shooting 22 Mag.

6. tomrich

tomrich New Member

i have a 925m and it is a great gun, cheap and reliable, i have killed pigs at around 50 yards

7. od green

od green New Member

Since you already have a Henry 22 look at their mag ,I have both and my H001M is my go to with a decent scope I've taken varmints out to 150 yrd no problem. Use Win X 40 grhp and it will knock the snot out of a fox or GH. Unless if you still want a bolt action gun a Henry will get the job done !!