.22 magnum pump rifle?

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by orangello, Jul 10, 2011.

1. orangello

orangello New Member

:confused: My nephew called to tell me his neighbor is looking to sell his .22 magnum rifle to raise some funds for his truck. He said it was a scoped pump-action. He also said i could probably get it for as little as $100 (not stolen).

I checked Bud's & Gunbroker and didn't see any inexpensive .22 mags, much less in pump-action. Anybody got a guess as to what it might be? The nephew is supposed to check in with dude this afternoon or so to get more info on what brand & model it is & a final price.

I think i will be on this like a fat kid on pancakes.

2. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I'm going to take a WAG and say you'll be buying a Henry.

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Winchester use to make a pump 22 mag. Google Winchester model 275.

4. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Winchester model 61
    worth alot of money

5. willshoum

willshoum New Member

True value.......

How about a winchester model 61 for $1,800. Man for $100 I'd throw in my daughter. I seed them people on that show what hunt gators and they use one of them pump guns. :)

6. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Lets see some pics when you buy it.

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Taurus M72?

ROSSI M59?

Browning BPR?

Henry Model H003TM Pump?

Winchester Model 61?

8. orangello

orangello New Member

Well, it is suposed to be a Rossi Model 62 in .22 mag. I'm buying it, and i will post up when i know more about it.

9. 00possum

00possum New Member

my dad has a pump 22 by Winchester he went to a pawnshop to see how much it was worth the guy said he could have any gun he wanted for a trade

10. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Good deal on that Rossi, tough little guns :D
    Clean the heck out of it before you shoot it, no telling how badly it was abused before you got it.

11. Vearl Brown

Vearl Brown New Member

BrowminG made one for a while. Called the " BPR ".

12. trex1310

trex1310 New Member

I have a Henry (H003TM) .22 magnum pump. It's a great rifle and very
    accurate too.

13. orangello

orangello New Member

Well, i got it yesterday. It has seen better days. It is a 22 mag Rossi replica of an old Winchester model 62.

I will shoot it on Saturday. I don't predict me spending much on ammo for it. It will probably become an interesting oddity at the back of the safe or maybe hanging on the wall. The idiot who owned it before & somehow mounted a scope on it probably had to write "lather, rinse, repeat" on his shower wall.

Oh well, not a total waste of $100.
    :(

14. paul

paul New Member

.22WMR pump Winchester 61

I have a Model 61 pump. Family heirloom now after father-in-law passed, it's 90% NRA rating and is in the safe next to my Marlin 783 .22WMR bolt, which is 95% condition. Both of these rifles are favorites to shoot and the accuracy is unsurpassed on the 61, that rifle has won many a turkey shoot on Sundays in Louisianna. I have it to use against BG's and with it being able to take down with one screw, it's also a bugout gun too. Perfect for any North American small game and can knock down a deer too, I've been told. I would consider selling the Marlin, not pushing the issue but the Winchester will stay home with our family. I'm anxious to see what it'll be worth in another 10 years. Was offered $800.00 for the 61 in 1990. I wonder what it's worth on today's market with it being 50years of age? Enjoy the shooting sports.

15. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Well-Known Member

Taurus M72 C/SS

I bought a M72 4 years ago, its a overseads copy of a winchester pump with import safety gadgets to get in country, still for the money they are a great gun the only plastic on it is the butt plate

Attached Files:

16. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

Age has nothing to do with it. You can add about 1000 to the 800 for today's market but only because it's a .22 mag.

17. Rex in OTZ

Taurus pump

I paid $348.00 FOB Kotzebue AK.

18. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Awesome deal!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Rex in OTZ

the price for a all steel .22

for what I was looking at the taurus 72 .22mag stainless steel carbine was cheaper than a henry rifle .22lr in blue and walnut (if I recall it was like $465).
    the deal was you were paying more for a .22 with a aluminum receiver.
    If you can buy this type rifle with a steel receiver for less than $400 jump on it.
    I wouldent be able to sell it If I wanted, the kids love it, main reason why is its quick and accurate and so far reliable here on the arctic coast.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011