22 mag

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by RodCanfield, Feb 1, 2012.

1. RodCanfield

RodCanfield New Member

Looking for a nice 22 mag anyone have any input good model brand etc...I would prefer bolt action and to be on a cheapier side...

2. Belltactical

Belltactical New Member

I think Ruger has a 77/22 chambered for mag.

3. fatmidgets

fatmidgets New Member

Not exactly on "the cheaper side" though. IMO you can't go wrong with a marlin if you want something relatively cheap, and Well made.

4. RodCanfield

RodCanfield New Member

Just found a Marlin on Walmart.com but does not show me a price looks sharp thank you for your advice

5. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

It should be about $250. Marlins make a very great gun

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

6. fatmidgets

fatmidgets New Member

No problem, and I hate Walmart's website. Everything (except airsoft stuff) doesn't have a price because it varies from store to store.

7. RodCanfield

RodCanfield New Member

Lol I noticed that...I'll just stop there after work tomorrow and look at them hopefully there decent priced

8. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Yeah, the 77/22 will run you around $600 bucks. If I was looking for a LR, I would be considering a Savage MKII. Ahh, sorry, you said you wanted a Mag. I just bought a Savage 93R17 re barreled to 22 Mag, But it is going to be more like $520.

9. dks7895

dks7895 New Member

Marlin or Savage offer great bolt actions in 22wmr.

10. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

id go with marlin. they have nice looking 22mag

Attached Files:

11. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Ya the both do. Marlins are the better deal since all the new bolt action rimfires have the new pro fire trigger in them.

12. RodCanfield

RodCanfield New Member

What does wmr mean? I looked at a Marlin at wlmart today gunna probably buy when I get life tomorrow nice bolt no scope tho 217.00 for just gun

13. shootitout

shootitout New Member

What is different between 22 LR and 22 mag.
    Sry to change topic just don't know the purpose.

14. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

WMR = Winchester Magnum Rimfire I believe.

15. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Mag has a longer cartridge, therefore more powder. So a lot more pizazz than the LR.

16. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Winchester mag rimfire

17. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Bigger bullet, longer casing, more powder, mag is crimped into case where as lr is heeled so case is same diameter as bullet.

18. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

While other weight bullets exist for both 22LR & 22wmr, 40 grain is the most common for both.

19. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Yes they are the common weight both share. But 40 grain isnt the most common weight for each individually.

20. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I've had a bunch of 22 magnums over the years,the only ones that weren't reliable were the semi-autos.
    Bolt action's will be more accurate,but the Lever actions aren't far behind.You can still find some nice used Marlin 57M and Winchester 255 short throw lever actions,and both are great guns.Henry makes a 22 magnum Lever action,and although they are pricey now,the Winchester 9422M is a great gun.

Marlin,Savage,andCZ-USA all have great bolt action rifles.I have a LH Savage 93,and love it.
    I wanted to get one with a heavy barrel,but can't get one in LH.So,I'm going to put a Green Mountain-Ruger 77/22mag heavy barrel on it at some point.I've had the barrel setting around for a while,but just need to get it done.

Savage 93GL-
    [​IMG]

Winchester 255-
    [​IMG]

Erma Werke EG-73 (German copy of the Winchester 9422M) Bottom rifle in picture-
    [​IMG]