22. Mag Single Action Liberty

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by SingleLiberty24, Jan 26, 2012.

1. SingleLiberty24

SingleLiberty24 New Member

Will a 22.Mag kill a Bear, Mountain Lion or any predator I could run into in the woods Big Game Hunting I would of coarse shoot with my rifle first if I could. It would be on my hip it has a 5 in. Barrel 6 shot cylinder. I have no problems with it I usually carry 6 more shots or a lil' more

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  2. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

Very unlikely that it would kill a predator instantly

3. SingleLiberty24

I knew that but I probably would through more than one bullet out there maybe 3 at first and then one in the back of the head just to make sure

4. SingleLiberty24

My brother would be with me most likely and he would probably run at first sight dropping everything in his hands gun and everything screaming too

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

No. But shooting a predator with one will likely get you killed by the predator.

A predator may die after being shot with a .22 Mag, but it will likely die from infection 3-4 days after it has ripped out your throat.

This is EXTREMELY high on the "REALLY bad idea" list.

6. SingleLiberty24

Ok thank you so it wouldn't work for a bobcat cause I'd use it s for about 25 yards or closer but Id fight till the end Id use my knife if I had to I know that would do the job but I'd look ugly

7. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

Your best bet is to go with an adult that has something much larger than a .22 mag.

8. SingleLiberty24

My grandpa has a 44. Mag and I know for sure it will work