22-Foot Wasp Nest Found Growing in Abandoned House

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Bigcountry02, Apr 12, 2013.

1. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Whats the difference..............

hornets or wasps.....................I know the Japs have the biggest wasp.............................Meat eaters...............:eek:;)

2. orangello

orangello New Member

A little diesel and a loooooooooooooooooong match. :D

[wonders what those wasps could do to a bear if the whole nest was somehow introduced into a cave of sleeping bears...along with a timed fireworks display...and maybe some bird crap]

3. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Killers...............

Twice I've seen people run over bumble bee nest burried in the ground, and all hell breaks loose. Whilst they were cutting grass. Both times the engine was left running on the tractors when they left from the onslaught of stings.................lol.........one was my father..........The other was a dozer operater who was alergic to bee stings...........my son was the first on the seen with the fire dept.......Drug his arse to safety and recovered the dozer the next day..........Don't mess with mother nature...............:eek:;)

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

As a teenager, was plowing with a little Ford 9N tractor, and plowed up a yellow jacket nest. I let them have the tractor. It stopped when it plowed it's way to an oak tree, and stalled out.

5. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

About six years ago my father and I were mowing this elderly lady's field for her and my dad drove over a yellow jacket nest, he had me go get my .410 and a box of #9s and told me to go nuts on them

6. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

I'd love to ensure all those wasps were killed. Winter cold would probably be a really good start. Then enshroud it with a popped can of Hot Shot. I do it annually about this time of year in the attic when we'll be away for the weekend. It took three cans and two weekends to destroy a colony of carpenter ants I could hear in a wall and see one in a bathroom once in a while.

7. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

Once when I was young, a friend and I were walking on a log fallen across a creek. My friend got to the other side first, stepped in some sort of animal scat and proceeded to try to scrape the scat off his shoe on a stump. Unfortunately for us, yellow jackets had built a nest in the stump. I was still on the log 20 feet above the creek when those yellow jackets began stinging me. There wasn't a whole lot of options.

8. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Where`s the gas can ?................

9. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

How much fun would that be if you had a sting proof suit and a 12 Ga with lots of ammo. Hey wait, I just found another good use for an AR-15 and one of those "high capacity" magazines

10. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I took a gas can to a nest of some type of mean bees in the side of a hill. They attacked me when I was mowing with a lawn mower. They got me once just below the eye. Similar to c3's story, I baled out. The tractor got stuck on the side of the hill, one wheel spinning. The nest was basketball size.

11. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

My uncle in his unfinished work shop, a nest of wasps formed after about 2 months of being un-attended. Well, we pulled out the smokers and wasp spray. No one got stung; but, we ran fast to the house, you should have seen my uncle move and wasps in trail!

Burning shop down was a no-no!

12. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Several summers ago, my Dad was sitting on a porch having a beer with the guy who lived across the street. When the guy went home, he proceeded to try to kill a nest of bees. My Dad saw him trying to swat them away from him. When his wife got home from work, the man was dead in his kitchen from a bee sting. The victim didn't know he was allergic to them.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2001-08-18/news/0108180169_1_bee-sting-allergic-reaction-insect

That 22w foot wasp nest looks like a job for our resident exterminator..........Shihan.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  13. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

A 21 foot wasp nest? Damn that is a lot'a pain coming down.:(

14. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCbfMkh940Q[/ame]

15. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

It don`t take no fire, you throw gasoline on a wasp & they die almost Immediately/im·me·di·ate·ly..................

16. downsouth

downsouth New Member

I bet that was a long row to hoe !

17. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Brakleen. Drops them fast, with no poisonous residue left on surfaces.