22 Fedral Auto Match

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Fisherking, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Fisherking

Fisherking New Member

I'm not shure if this is the right place for this . Has any one tryed the fedral Auto Match yet in the bulk pack. I have had very good results in my SR 22 and Savage MII BV. Just thought I would pass it on and see if any one has tryed them and how they like them.
    F.K.

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I use it and really like it, but it's not always easy to find. So if you like it, stock up when you can.

3. bugeye

bugeye New Member

It's the only ammo that is 100% reliable in my 22A
    and gives good accuracy in my rifle.
    velocity is 1200fps

4. rifleman55

rifleman55 New Member

It always shoots well under an inch @ 50 Yds with my Savage BRJ, the Wolf shoots much smaller, but the UM is cheap fun and nothing else much shoots in the Savage except for the high priced stuff.

Anyone tried the new CCI Tactical yet?

I really want to try the UM @ 100 yds. There are times different ammo works out better at different ranges in the 22LR, I think the additional FPS may help at 100.

John K

5. IXLR8

IXLR8 New Member

American Rifleman used it in the comparison for all of the tacticool .22 rifles. The groupings on the better rifles were about 2/3rds the size of the comparable ammo. I was a little shocked that the ammo made that much difference since they were using pretty good stuff for all types.

I have not been able to find it anywhere. I would love to give it a try and see if I get the same results.

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Walmart here always has a good supply of it.

7. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

It's OK, but I've had an occasional mis-fire with it in my 10/22. I still have several bricks left to shoot up. It works really good in my Hammerli...