22 conversion

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by bbobbya10, Apr 10, 2012.

1. bbobbya10

bbobbya10 New Member

I have a Bushmaster AR and was thinking about buying a 22 conversion for it and wondering who makes the most reliable.

2. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

I don't know a whole about conversions or .22 uppers but I can tell ya my s&w m&p 15-22 is reliable as can be and was worth every penny. Plus I don't have to clean the rimfire garbage out of my centerfire lower

3. JSDenson07

JSDenson07 New Member

Ok buy a full 22 upper not just the conversion kit. An ar upper is a one in nine twist and too fast for a .22lr. You will build up copper fouling extremely quick.they do work though check karrisguns.com for a discounted ccmg however it doesn't carry a manufacturers warranty..

4. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

If you do buy one, buy it in stainless , super easy to clean up , .22 LR is very dirty I would say that 200 rds of .22 is dirtier than 1000 rds of .223 . I always shoot brake clean down the gas tube back into the barrel after I shoot it with .22lr and hoppes with a rag down the barrel when done . They say to just put the .223 BCG back in and shoot a couple rds of .223 thru it to clean the gas tube but I dont want all that build up in there . I shoot it thru a 1:7 barrel and its decent out to 30 yards beyond that its not very accurate . Primary arms had the stainless kit on sale for $139 and it included one mag