.22 coming back?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by deg, Feb 15, 2014.

1. hkhunter

hkhunter Member

I was told that by next month 22 ammo should be more available. A friend picked up a brick of CCI mini mag hollow points for 9.99 per 100 in 100 rd plastic box. Heard this from two local shops. I hope it's true. I have been trying to buy some cci standard for about a year like everybody else. My daughter shoots in 4H and the std bulk ammo just is not good enough

Jay

2. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Yesterday, pickup a 500 brick of .22LR Remington Thunderbolt's for 23.95 at local Sportsman's Warehouse. Limited to 1 brick only!

I usually do the wait and go local only. Seeing some of the off-the-chart prices from the internet and even from Mom & Pop LGS is enough to make you just put the ammo down and walk away.

3. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

The Federal Champion's and the Federal Auto Match are much better Rounds. So is the Federal Am. Eagles. Let me know if you see any Auto Match for less then $40 a Brick. When I got a few bricks last summer they were $19 ea.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

4. hkhunter

hkhunter Member

I used the Automatch for competition a couple years and found the CCI standard more accurate so we used that in 4H.
    I liked Automatch for general plinking and I could get it at Walmart. I have not seen any at Walmart since this started. I can't get there at the right times. I usually hear about the day after.

Jay

5. deg

deg Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I have a "friend" that works at Walmart and he confirmed the rumor that employees know they are on the truck and buying them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

6. DrFootball

Which has been going on here at our Wally for the last 18 months.

7. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

They were doing that here at a certain Walmart, the co-worker found the hidden goods. There was 3 of us at the counter and evenly divided up the .22LR and 5.56 among us. It was a good purchase! :D

8. string1946

string1946 New Member

I wasn't there but a friend of mine called me last Friday and said the Wal-mart near here had some 22's on the shelf but he didn't say what brand. He said they were selling boxes of 100 for $7/box with a limit of 3. I'm thinking since they were in boxes of 100 maybe it was CCI but thats just a guess. He bought 3, his wife got 3 and he saw a friend and got him to buy 3. Hopefully its getting better slowly.

9. DrFootball

Never happen here. Wally's workers buy it all up and sell it, or the local LGS Gougers pay them off to buy it, and mark it up 3X the cost.....

10. string1946

string1946 New Member

Your Wally world workers must be smarter and better motivated than our wal-martians who couldn't put two cohesive thoughts together in a row or find their asses with both hands and a flashlight.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Firearms Talk mobile app

11. hkhunter

hkhunter Member

I don't mind people making money or a decent profit. If I did not have any I would pay the higher price.
    I am lucky I bought a case the year before. I just don't want to shoot it all up

Jay

12. SB777

SB777 New Member

I've used the Federal Champions in my P22 without any problems. $23.99 at the LGS for the 525 pack. And finally, the 22's are becoming more common.

Attached Files:

13. deg

deg Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

14. DrFootball

I have some 50 ct. Boxes of those. The only bricks I'm seeing( and I have to go to Flagstaff or Prescott- an hr. Away either way) are Remington Thunderbolts. We already know what I think of those...

15. junglejim

junglejim New Member

WalMart had some the other day. They were gone before noon. I got there too late. Zero available around here now.

Also no 9mm either.

16. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

Central Michigan- Lots of 9mm and .38, zero .22. Not seen .22 one time in a store since about 15 months ago.

17. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Lima Ohio had federal 9mm, offbrand bulk 1000+ count 9mm, 5.56, 45, 40, 270, 30-06. Best I've seen it for a long time, but haven't seen .22lr since last fall.

18. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Cheyenne, WY Wally World. Remington 22 LR in good supply $29.95/brick of 500.

19. DrFootball

Which Remington? T-Bolts? Yellow Jackets( my faves of what they make)? Golden bullets?...

20. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

We have had CCI 22s on the shelf here for weeks, the reason?

They are shotshells.... And freaking expensive.:rolleyes: