.22 clip conversion

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by marlin22, Nov 27, 2010.

1. marlin22

marlin22 New Member

im wondering if anyone know how to convert a tube feed marlin 75c .22 rimfire to use a clip? i know i have to get a new stock but other than that i have no idea. just starting to modify my own guns so i have a lot to figure out

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Short answer? You will need a machine shop, and rebuild the rifle. There is no simple "conversion".

3. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

That conversion will likely cost as much or more than a whole another rifle would cost. I'd suggest buying a Marlin 795 which runs only a little over 100$. You COULD convert your current rifle but to do it right would involve buying a stock, fire control group, magazine, and mag latch, in addition to a few other parts.

4. marlin22

marlin22 New Member

thanks guys thats what i was wondering

5. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

One member of another site actually did a 60 to 70 conversion by purchasing all the parts from Numrich & Brownell's.
    It doesn't require a machine shop...just removal of the feed throat, add a mag well & associated parts
    a new stock, and a few other items known as magazines...

It cost him more than a new 795...

But now he has what he wants ;)

Far easier to just go buy a Marlin 795, and enjoy the $25 rebate that's good until the end of the year :)

Then you have a rifle for you, and a rifle for your wife/girlfriend/kids/etc ;)