22 cb/ short rounds hunting

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by mrbirdguy, Sep 19, 2010.

1. mrbirdguy

mrbirdguy New Member

Just wondereing about the 22 cb/ shorts and hunting whatg do you hunt with them?

2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

They were originally designed for plinking-not hunting. You could use them to shoot rats or squirrels at close range as long as you keep the range short and choose your shots carefully. They may not cleanly harvest a squirrel otherwise. Be aware they will still ricochet under certain conditions.

3. LuckenbachTexas

LuckenbachTexas New Member

Once you use the Remington version of the Cee-Bee's, you'll not use anything else. The prefragged hollow point is devastating on everything up to 15lbs and ricochet is almost non-existent.

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Bunnies and squirrels- head shots. If you cannot hit the head, (a) get closer, (b) practice, or (c) use a more powerful cartridge.

5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I hunt Squirrels from my laz-e-boy. With 22 cb's that is.

6. Catfish

Catfish New Member

We used to shoot alot of coon with them because they are so quite. The problem is that it often took several shots to knock them out of the tree.

7. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I took out 4 coon with them in a handgun and 2 opossums in a rifle.They were underpowered in the handgun and needed a second shot to finish the coons,but the opossums I took out with them through a rifle dropped the opossums dead instantly.

8. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

You should use enough gun for any animal!

9. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Great for vermin such as Chipmunks and grey or red squirrel.

10. kenhesr

kenhesr New Member

[​IMG]

And PIGEONS!! At 20 yds, they ain't got a chance. :D

[​IMG]