22 as only ammo choice

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by shawn_c2000, Nov 9, 2012.

1. shawn_c2000

shawn_c2000 New Member

So who thinks there's gonna be a ammo ban?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2012
  2. AsSeenOnTV

AsSeenOnTV New Member

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

"Everybody likes a little ***, nobody likes a smart ***..." ~ trip junior, age 6.

4. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I don't know that they will need a ban. Seems most gun folks pay attention to these boards, freak out and buy everything up for half a year and drive prices through the roof. Then when supplies normalize the prices take forever to fall back in line.

5. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Before Guns and Roses ther was .38 Special. They might have qualified as an ammo band.

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

No, I do not think they with BAN ammo. The uproar following such a ban would be HUGE. I think you'll see something much slower....an increasing tax on ammo of all kinds. Simply tax it out of the price range of the average person and slowly turn their guns into clubs. I don't know exactly how all that would play out but I can easily see that approach being taken.

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

8. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Insert head shaking here.

^^^ poor excuse for comedy this.

9. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Don't stoop to such levels doc, you're better than that.

10. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Okay, reality, there will be no bans, only talk of, which creates a ruckus and drives nimrods to over purchase and, as has been pointed out, drive prices up and store stock down.

11. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

We MAY have some time.

This election showed both parties their problems. Health care and immigration are hot topics now.

12. shawn_c2000

shawn_c2000 New Member

Well my point of this thread was to see different opinions because in my opinion if they ban ammo or whatever or make it illegal to own a Han gun or how ever they kill our seconds amendment the one bullet that one be touched to bad is a 22lr which doubles for a small rifle or handgun round so I'm wondering If it would be smart to invest in a 22lr

13. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Investing in .22lr ammo would be smart but an ammo ban is very doubtful. In a shtf scenario .22 ammo will be useful to barter for other items you may need, not to mention hunting small game. I've been investing in ammunition for awhile now. Anything my guns will shoot I've been buying and storing. Buy a box or two a week and hoard it.

14. shawn_c2000

shawn_c2000 New Member

I have a 22lr rifle but always jams might get a 22lr handgun

15. AsSeenOnTV

AsSeenOnTV New Member

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012