22 ammo differances

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by robertusa123, Sep 10, 2012.

1. robertusa123

robertusa123 New Member

Been playing around with differant ammo and discovered something. Cci Stinger ammo. Dosent penentret my test targets any fourther than cci high volicity ammo. Anyone else find this also the same

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Not surprising- faster, but 20-22% lighter bullet- which from a rifle WILL expand.

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

You mean that 4gr difference has you guys spun out?

Stinger may not drive as deep on paper but I know from experience that they work in the field over a 40gr 22. When I was a kid we would shoot the groundhogs that were eating our garden. A standard 22 wouldn't do the job but a Stinger would stop them in their tracks. The distances between houses were too close for more than a 22 and Stingers fit the bill.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  4. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I tested a ton of different rounds and discovered that Remington subsonics had the most accurate, consistent grouping.

5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

The Stingers are not supposed to penetrate. They are meant to expand on small animals and they do that very well as long as you don't intend to eat them. They are quite destructive. You might also try the CCI Velocitors.