22 Ammo and Toilet paper.

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Threetango, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

2. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

The was from the gun feed website:

https://gunfreezone.net/ammo-report-from-albuquerque/

Lots of pistols, rifles & shotguns on the shelves and in the cases, but they were only letting 5 or 6 customers into the “gun section” at one time.

This is the pistol ammo aisle.

[​IMG]

3. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

And both are suffering artificial shortages.

Txhillbilly likes this.
  4. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

While I'm not stocked up on TP, I've always had plenty of ammo,brass,powder,primers,and bullets for all of my firearms. With all this free time,I might need to order a dozen more big ammo cans so I can load up a few thousand rounds of ammo.

I do think it's funny that a large majority of people that are running out trying to buy firearms now,are the same people that a month ago didn't think we should be able to own them. Karma's a b**ch,ain't it!

5. Notrighty

Notrighty Member

Got plenty of T P ammo and food. For some reason in Pennsylvania the governor saw fit to shut all the liquor stores. Define tyranny!!!

RJF22553 likes this.
  6. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

drunk, or guns. never drunk and guns.

7. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man Active Member

Toilet paper can be substituted by many things but .22lrs can only be substituted by another caliber. What caliber would you go to if you were out of .22lr?

Rifling82 likes this.
  8. OLD Ron

OLD Ron Well-Known Member

Long list
    9mm
    762 x 39
    22-250
    30-30
    12ga.
    20 ga.
    And probably a few more I forgot about . If all that was gone I would go to a cross bow & a knife . :p

Rifling82 and towboater like this.
  9. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

Those same people are also willing to wait in line for 2 HOURS to buy a gun and ammo lol. That's if there's anything left for that matter. I try to buy ammo all the time if I can. But I'm solid on my stash that because I don't shoot a whole lot it'll last me a long long while. Even handgun ammo, I'm real good on, just wanted some more to top off my numbers. But it will have to wait until stores stock up again.

I just bought more shotgun shells and .22lr yesterday because those guns, I use and shoot the most. My handgun, I shoot every once in a while, I used to shoot it alot but once I bought more and more ammo for it, I decided to shoot it alot less to conserve ammo this way it stacks but at the same time I still shoot it anytime I want just not as much or often.

RJF22553 likes this.
  10. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Well-Known Member

Went to walmart this am. Well stocked in ammo. There was a guy buying 4 boxes of rifle ammo. Not sure what caliber.

PANDEMIC likes this.
  11. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

Nice!, my local walmart still has some .22 and rifle ammo. But all shotgun ammo, wiped clean. I bought the last 2 boxes of 12G regardless if I need it or not because if I don't someone else will in the next hour lol.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  12. PaBushMan

13. Notrighty

Notrighty Member

If you don’t like waiting hours to buy a gun don’t ever get one at Cabelas. I ordered one online a couple years ago and waited 6 hours till transfer was complete. And this was at a time of no crisis.

RJF22553 likes this.
  14. PaBushMan

Last gun i bought at Cabelas took 10 mins. It was a week day and in the summer,

Rifling82 likes this.
  15. RJF22553

RJF22553 Well-Known Member

I'm set on firearms, with nothing on my wish-list except maybe a Bersa Thunder 380 Plus, to perhaps switch out with my Bersa Thunder 380 Combat (15 round mag versus 8-round mag) as a CCW. I make up for it with carrying spare mags. And the Plus mags are hard to come by...

I'm also good on ammo (based on consumption) and have been for years. I buy in bulk, usually, from Target Sports, and that means 1K at a time for free shipping. The only ammo I buy not-in-bulk is .32ACP, .45ACP, and .380. Have enough for EOTWAWKI, but they're not high-volume consumers: one firearm for each caliber. For other calibers, I'm very well set for as long as I'm an O2 consumer...

16. Notrighty

Notrighty Member

It was about 5 years ago at the Hamburg Pa Cabelas. At the time it was the only place I could find a Blackhawk in 454. Maybe they have improved their system now.

17. PaBushMan

I got mine at the Hamburg location too. 2 years ago. I bought a Taurus PT111 for my B-day. I was going to get it at Dunhams. Then i saw Cabelas had the gun for 199.00 vs 229.00 at dunhams. So driving an extra 30 mins was worth it. Sometimes the gun counter is really busy. They have a number ticket system now,

18. youngridge

youngridge Well-Known Member Supporter

Laying low on buying any ammo at this point....I usually buy a box or two of 5.56 and 9mm when I go to the store, over time it adds up and you don’t have a big initial investment....toilet paper on the other hand may be a different story...

towboater likes this.
  19. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I was looking at the online shops, both big box and the smaller ones. The .223/5.56, 9mm & 45 ACP are nearly gone. What is away, shipment date of 6 April 2020.

20. jacinda

jacinda New Member

And nowadays both are equally important