22, 000+ IL CCW permits applied for

Discussion in 'Illinois Gun Forum' started by purehavoc, Jan 7, 2014.

1. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

As of 9 AM this morning there has been over 22, 000 IL. CCW permits applied for since Sunday . Thats 15, 000 more permits applied for than Obama care by IL residents and it rolled out 2 months ago :D

2. AlphaKoncepts

AlphaKoncepts Member

Didn't I just read Todd V say at IllinoisCarry that there were 12,000? Maybe I need to walk away from the computer and rest my eyes.

3. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I helped my FIL do his this morning and his permit number was in that 22,000 number.
    Mine was in the 6000 range on Sunday

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  4. AR10

AR10 New Member

A month ago, there were 2000 instructors listed. 100 pages of instructors on the ill web site.

In contrast, after 8 years, Nebraska has 160 instructors.

5. AlphaKoncepts

AlphaKoncepts Member

Most instructors aren't instructing or are instructing in groups. If you do the average, it's 11 applicants per instructor.

I suspect in a few years the list of IL instructors will be closer to Nebraska.

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

As of 9 AM this morning a friend said his permit number was just under 27,000 . The numbers are growing pretty rapidly .

7. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

yeah, apparently cook county was dead last in number of applications compared to the other 101 IL counties....how ironic :rolleyes:

i'm in a holding pattern until I know if my wife is being relocated out of state so i havent applied yet. I did see my first NO CCW sticker on a customers business entrance this morning.....:mad: and i thought they were a good customer:p

looking forward to the additional circus antics this will generate between the mayor, chief of police, and the chicago PD, when contending with the new law and whatever it brings about....hopefully just more dead BG's.....

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  8. BrassMonkey

BrassMonkey New Member Supporter

Proud to say mine is among that number. :D

9. Missouribound

Missouribound Well-Known Member

And you should be.......:D

10. Shade

Shade New Member

Crook County's population is 5.2 million
    Illinois population is 12.3 million

I would really like to see the applications and how they sort out by county.
    Looked for it cannot find it anywhere, anybody else see the raw data?

11. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

12. Shade

Shade New Member

13. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

No problem, I was a little suprised at the data, my lowly Winnebago County came in 7th or 8th so far I believe.

14. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

my bad, i didn't clarify this when i posted but the reference i was quoting was referring to "per capita" numbers, so while cook county had over 5300 apps, it was the fewest per number of residents of the county.

15. Shade

Shade New Member

Not the fewest, 2 counties beat out Cook, but damn near the bottom.
    Considering that for years it was illegal to own a handgun in the City
    I am not surprised. All and all not bad numbers.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  16. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I helped a guy do his permit online yesterday with a permit number in the low 42, 000 number. The numbers are climbing quickly .

17. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

This is a Big victory for all gun owners. The courts have up held the rights of Illinois citizens regarding their Constitutional rights. It has taken many hours for pro-gun people to bring this to the courts. This has to be one the greatest wins for all gun owners. I would hope other citizens in "Blue" states would challage their Liberal masters.:cool: