.203 grain in the mosin?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by janikphoto, Mar 8, 2010.

1. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

2. gschnarr

gschnarr Member

I have used the 203 in a number of my Mosins. Other than having a little more recoil, they worked great. As with any ammo, some of my rifles like it better than others.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Go stock up on meds of your choice for bruised aching body. Difference between light ball and those things are VERY noticable at the point directly to the rear of the stock! Especially off a bench rest. Suitable for moose and small armored vehicles.

4. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Come on now! The 91/30 has almost not felt recoil w/ light ball. Heavy ball is not even close to many .308 hunting rifles, and the 203gr is a great hunting round. When your concentrating on "food" you won't even notice. I know a few guys that used it on an Elk hunt.

5. sheriffoconee

sheriffoconee New Member

At 100 yards with the same ammo, my M44 Russian M-N shoots about 8 inches high in about a 3 inch group if I do my part....I need to bring the sights down further, but I am very pleased with it in my rifle...I have a, well, quite a few rounds on hand

6. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 New Member

My Finn M39 likes it. It prefers the heavier loads, and does lousy with light ball.
    I am now handloading using 180 grain SP, and it does well, being close to HB in weight.

7. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

My M44 likes heavy gr. rounds, I bought about 100rds when I got the gun.
    But lately it has been hard to find in any quanity in mil-surp type ammo.
    All I can find is hunting SPs not the FMJ that this gun is used to.

Mine has no more kick than my blackpowder gun with a 350gr. bullit & 150gr. of powder. :eek:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  8. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Cope's Distributing
    Cope's Distributing
    I really like the second ammo. $7.95 shipping also, 300, 600, 900 rounds, it does not matter.