Firearms Talk banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
View attachment 246658
I just acquired a new hunting spot and it looks like it might be a good year.
They just outlawed game cameras here in AZ. I need to read the regulation, but i think the language is something like, any use to aid in location for the purpose of hunting.
Which sucks. It sure is nice to use the camera to scout multiple places for you.
Guess this year ill have to locate them the old fashioned way... borrow C3's helicopter!! 馃槀

Premium Member
They just outlawed game cameras here in AZ. I need to read the regulation, but i think the language is something like, any use to aid in location for the purpose of hunting.
Which sucks. It sure is nice to use the camera to scout multiple places for you.
Guess this year ill have to locate them the old fashioned way... borrow C3's helicopter!! 馃槀
I bet they wouldn't hesitate to use a "game camera" on you if they wanted to hunt you down. That's a silly law. I wonder how they are going to find a camo game camera anyway. More of, "people without enough to do" working for the state. Yeah, let's make more laws. Come to Dixie. We need a heavy deer eradication effort. They're as common as squirrels.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I bet they wouldn't hesitate to use a "game camera" on you if they wanted to hunt you down. That's a silly law. I wonder how they are going to find a camo game camera anyway. More of, "people without enough to do" working for the state. Yeah, let's make more laws. Come to Dixie. We need a heavy deer eradication effort. They're as common as squirrels.
True story. As far as enforcement, they just glass the water tanks (ponds where you are).
I am torn with heading back east. I miss the water. I do not miss ticks, chiggers, mosquitoes, snakes, humidity, poison oak, poison ivy... to name a few.

Premium Member
True story. As far as enforcement, they just glass the water tanks (ponds where you are).
I am torn with heading back east. I miss the water. I do not miss ticks, chiggers, mosquitoes, snakes, humidity, poison oak, poison ivy... to name a few.
We're just immune to all that stuff. I like a good rain now and then here. I don't care for rednecks though.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
We're just immune to all that stuff. I like a good rain now and then here. I don't care for rednecks though.
You're definitely a better man than i. I grew up there and never got to where it didnt drive me nuts.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
About three weeks to my hunt. Keeping a close eye on the extended forecast.
Here's the thing. Up here the Forest service will start locking forest access gates around Nov 1 to prevent damage to the roads over the winter. Problem is, it isn't a set thing. It's not set as to which gates they will lock either. Mainly, it is dependent on the weather. If it's fairly clear and dry, they wont lock things up. If it get wet, snowy, sloppy, they will.
I have two spots picked for the hunt this year. One is my preferred spot and most definitely is a tent only site. It will also stay open no matter what since there are pockets of private on the "road".
My second choice is also a good area that i have hunted many times. The roads are good enough i could get my travel trailer into and be super comfy. The catch is that this is an area where they lock the gates for winter.
Soooo... i have to watch the weather closely and keep an eye on the forest service web page for any closures. I'll have to sort of pack for both contingencies up until a few days prior to the hunt.
We'll see. Sure would like to put meat in the freezer this year.

Registered
I was in AZ about a year ago for a week couldn't wait to get back home and stand in mud with sneakers on .

Registered

Is this for ALL GAME HUNTING or just DEER? Is there a low population of Deer? Says prey animals? What about Predators? What about the $$$$$ Bass Fisherman have in location etc.. technology ???? Trail Cams and baiting work for the GOOD... Gives hunter time to SEE the animal is not a yearling etc.... I have seen Novice hunters shoot yearling Doe because tall legs etc... Giving impression its a large Doe. Same as Bear hunters with Cubs not knowing..

The Arizona Game and Fish Commission unanimously approved a ban on trail cameras, used to take pictures and videos to aid hunting.

The commission ruled that the cameras breach the Fair Chase Doctrine.

The doctrine states that prey animals should have a chance to get away, and that hunters should rely solely on skill rather than technology.

Under the prohibition, cameras can no longer be placed at or near watering holes and other locations to help hunters locate wildlife. The cameras are often triggered by motion and store pictures or videos to be viewed later.

The ban wouldn鈥檛 affect cameras used for non-hunting purposes, such as wildlife viewing or property protection.

The commission hopes to implement the ban as early as January 2022.

Premium Member
All I have to do is walk in my back yard if I want to see a deer. Scared one off this morning walking to the trap I have set for squirrels. We're not playing around anymore with the tree rats. Traps, Gamo, 22 shorts, this is war!!

I wonder how the game warden is going to find all those camo'ed cameras? What a crock. Deer are over-populated in Dixie.

Registered
All I have to do is walk in my back yard if I want to see a deer. Scared one off this morning walking to the trap I have set for squirrels. We're not playing around anymore with the tree rats. Traps, Gamo, 22 shorts, this is war!!

I wonder how the game warden is going to find all those camo'ed cameras? What a crock. Deer are over-populated in Dixie.

LOL......

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Is this for ALL GAME HUNTING or just DEER? Is there a low population of Deer? Says prey animals? What about Predators? What about the $$$$$ Bass Fisherman have in location etc.. technology ???? Trail Cams and baiting work for the GOOD... Gives hunter time to SEE the animal is not a yearling etc.... I have seen Novice hunters shoot yearling Doe because tall legs etc... Giving impression its a large Doe. Same as Bear hunters with Cubs not knowing..

The Arizona Game and Fish Commission unanimously approved a ban on trail cameras, used to take pictures and videos to aid hunting.

The commission ruled that the cameras breach the Fair Chase Doctrine.

The doctrine states that prey animals should have a chance to get away, and that hunters should rely solely on skill rather than technology.

Under the prohibition, cameras can no longer be placed at or near watering holes and other locations to help hunters locate wildlife. The cameras are often triggered by motion and store pictures or videos to be viewed later.

The ban wouldn鈥檛 affect cameras used for non-hunting purposes, such as wildlife viewing or property protection.

The commission hopes to implement the ban as early as January 2022.
Yeah, IDK man. I only ever used for deer and elk to confirm patterns. I'm assuming it really after folks that used telcom enabled cameras. Oh well.
Ill put them to work protecting camp. (That reminds me i gotta order a "smile, your on camera" sign.

Premium Member
Glock G42
Squirrels you say? I'm up to 28 red (Jimmy) squirrels this year, most have fallen to my Marlin .22lr. The fox squirrels are starting to show up again.
I have a problem with an infestation of Black squirrels and a few Grey ones. They have driven all the Fox squirrels away for a few years now. Got neighbor now that frowns on shooting the suckers in town. But a remote area just inside the city limits.

Premium Member
Yeah, IDK man. I only ever used for deer and elk to confirm patterns. I'm assuming it really after folks that used telcom enabled cameras. Oh well.
Ill put them to work protecting camp. (That reminds me i gotta order a "smile, your on camera" sign.
This is a new market for somebody that knows something about cameras. Make them the size of a cell phone camera and let them try to find them. Put up fake cameras as a decoy to keep them away from the "real" area you want to monitor. This is a very stupid law. Different technology can overcome their over-bearing "minds".

Registered
This is a new market for somebody that knows something about cameras. Make them the size of a cell phone camera and let them try to find them. Put up fake cameras as a decoy to keep them away from the "real" area you want to monitor. This is a very stupid law. Different technology can overcome their over-bearing "minds".
The problem with the new cell phone type cameras people put them up on the trails leading into their hunting area & use it to alert them to deer movement in their direction.
If they would just make the cell phone type illegal would be the way to go.

Premium Member
The problem with the new cell phone type cameras people put them up on the trails leading into their hunting area & use it to alert them to deer movement in their direction.
If they would just make the cell phone type illegal would be the way to go.
We just put in a Ring security system and it goes off every night because of deer. Have a pic of an 8 point buck. Will try to see if I can post it up here. I'm not very good at that. The buck wasn't huge but most people around here would kill it if it weren't in a city at night. That'll get you arrested.

Click on the thumbnail.

Composite material Wood Fixture Tints and shades Building material

41 - 60 of 62 Posts