2020 New Gun Owners

Discussion in 'Firearm's Industry' started by Sniper03, Aug 28, 2020.

1. CMAB2SA

CMAB2SA Well-Known Member

U are one hell of a friend!!
    Excellent post.

2. CMAB2SA

CMAB2SA Well-Known Member

Might be the far lefters getting armed up. Seven hills antifa I think plus a few other groups I can't recall their names.

3. gambler

gambler Member

There may be lots of new gun owners but I'm not sure how many of them have tried to get training or know how to safely handle it. The manager at my range says that range use is way down from pre-Chinese virus. Ammo is expensive if you can even find it and people are just not going to public places as much as before.

I really keep a close eye on any other shooters at the range when I go to make sure they appear to be following good safety practices and know what they are doing.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  4. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member Supporter

Discerning, I think is the word.

When they get their act together, gain eternal and stern vigilance at the Board level, and acquire some measure of overt transparency on their "deals" (at least, insofar as the books are concerned), then I'll bet we'll find several million more rethink the prospects of the NRA being a viable and useful player.

5. Les Moore

Les Moore Well-Known Member

Yeah, LOUSY excuse. They could join the GOA, for the same money, and they're too cheap to do that, too. Just keep making up justifications for not getting involved, while you still have the chance.

And, if you don't, here's something you can do for nothing. When gun laws keep getting worse and worse, because everybody refused to get involved, STFU about it, NOBODY will want to hear your whining, how unfair all the new gun laws are.

CMAB2SA likes this.
  6. G66enigma

Many people, out there, were taught to not throw good money after bad. And with the behavior of some at the NRA this past 10yrs or so, it shouldn't come as a surprise that some would be skittish.

As for me, supposedly needing to "shut the F up," there's been SAF, GOA and state organizations for as long as I can remember. Not that that matters to those out there who guard their liberties and their money with equal vigilance.

BTW, recognition there are such people out there who've made such a decision isn't "whining." It's observation of what's occurring. Got problems with their decisions? Perhaps taking it up with them would be time better spent.

7. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I bought the NRA Life Membership 50 years ago and have upgraded it a few times. I am in GOA and AZDL. I support this sight too. People need to support the organizations that fight for our rights.

CMAB2SA and Caveman Jim like this.
  8. Pro2A

Pro2A Active Member

Here's my question, say November 3rd comes and goes, Trump wins, guns are not being confiscated or restricted. Are the new gun owners going to keep their new guns or are they're going to sell them off to make a quick buck because "they feel they don't need them anymore"? Or it goes the other way, Biden wins, but nothing happens, all this "civil war" talk is just that, a bunch of talk. An they also feel the need that they don't need them anymore, will this also make gun manufacturers drop MSRP prices and force distributors/and or gun stores to also drop prices? These are the things I'm questioning.

9. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member Supporter

i personally know a couple of new firearm owners. One has TDS that rivals our own twisted panty member with TDS.

10. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm done with supporting Wayne's clothing budget and his extended family's boondoogle trips funded by NRA.

austin92 and Ghost1958 like this.
  11. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

With the " new" supreme court I'm guessing ALOT of gun regulations are going down the drain and new ones being struck down regardless who the president or congress is controlled by.

The NRA hasn't been a gun rights organization since the 60s.

Bare Knuckles likes this.
  12. G66enigma

Maybe. But even if SCOTUS actually bothers to hear a dozen RKBA cases, it'll likely take years.

I suspect SAF, GOA, OFF, CalGuns and VCDL will have their hands full, the next several years, seeking to bring "promising" RKBA infringement cases before the Court.

Caveman Jim and Ghost1958 like this.
  13. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

I could be wrong. But I tend to think the new constitutionally minded majority in SCOTUS will be much quicker to accept 2A cases now that the outcome doesnt depend on Robert's.

14. G66enigma

I hope you're correct.

Still, overturning 100+ years of precedents is going to take some doing. Unless they actually start out considering the 2A prohibition as straightforwardly as the 1A (for example), where penalties for criminality (ie, libel, slander, fraud) are the "limitations" but otherwise the 1A has no real limits, or (better still) the 5A/6A access to counsel and a public jury trial.

IF they actually treat it like they should have been all along, you might well be right. It could happen swiftly, since at that point there's going to be nowhere else for the RKBA haters to turn, if the oxcart gets upended.

Imagine what a boon that would be for new gun owners, along with everyone else. Cessation of treating the 2A like a third-class, also-ran, not even a prohibition against staffer fiddling. What a refreshing surprise that would be. The newbie owners probably won't appreciate what a sea change that would truly be.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    Ghost1958 likes this.
  15. Wambli

Wambli Well-Known Member

When Trump wins you will see riots that will make what’s going on now look like a Chicago Sunday BBQ. Cities like Seattle and Chicago are going to BURN. The snowflakes , Antifa and BLM will not take this well and even more folks will discover the joys of having a Glock inches away on their nightstand.

16. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

" VOTE TO KEEP THEM!" ;)

Caveman Jim likes this.
  17. Les Moore

Les Moore Well-Known Member

... and you're missing the point entirely. Regardless of what the leadership is doing, we need a gun advocacy group with membership numbers over 50 million. At significant numbers, the NRA, or GOA, would be recognized, as representative of WE, THE PEOPLE, not just nixed off, and scapegoated, as "The Gun Lobby".

Nitpicking excuses, to justify being cheap, allows the gun grabbers to divide and conquer. Yes we probably could have selected a better leader, for the NRA. But one way or another we need to be unified. We need the strength of the entire group, which means we need to join, not make excuses, so we can pocket three quarters a week.

Caveman Jim and CMAB2SA like this.
  18. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

The Executive Board of the NRA are just like the lifetime Politician's. They are only in it for Power & Money, nothing else.
    They could care less about the 2nd Amendment or the millions of gun owners in this country. They will all say what people want to hear as long as they keep getting rich off donations.

I've been a Lifetime Member of the NRA since the 1970's. I haven't given them a dime since Wayne was elected President of the NRA. The man is a liar, and a two faced snake as well as most of the other's that are on the board of the NRA.
    Until these clowns are thrown out of the NRA and arrested for the crimes that they have committed stealing money from the NRA, they (NRA) won't get any support from me.

I'll just continue to support and donate to my states gun rights organization.

19. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Has no one considered that some portion of those new gun owners were buying firearms to protect themselves from right-wing trouble makers?

20. BlackGuns4Fun

BlackGuns4Fun Well-Known Member

Yep. And those folks will be the first ones in line to turn them in when a ban is put in effect...

CMAB2SA likes this.