2020 New Gun Owners

Discussion in 'Firearm's Industry' started by Sniper03, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

2. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

3. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Lets hope most of them now own AR-15s.:p:D

4. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

Or something that has "a shoulder thing that goes up" ;)

Ghost1958, Caveman Jim, JTJ and 3 others like this.
  5. SK2344

SK2344 Active Member

I am All For all these NEW Gun Owners because it makes a solid statement about what is happening in our Country! Having said this, I Hope and Pray that all these New People take all the Safety/Shooting classes that are available to them!

6. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member Supporter

On the assumption folks haven't acquired one (or more) off-radar, not at an FFL via NICS verifications.

Still, 5M isn't bad. Always good to have more armed citizens, given everything.

Hopefully, too, over time it'll work out that some of people's existing "stashes" of arms will begin to get sold into the market as well, further increasing the numbers of people who are armed.

Got to do something about the ammo situation, though. Else all those noobs will have little to shoot with, and almost nothing to practice with.

7. crash11049

crash11049 Well-Known Member Supporter

Yes more gun owners can be a good thing...for the right reasons.
    I just hope the rise is not because, they are the next step up from commercial
    grade fireworks and molataf cocktails.

G8rBo and Caveman Jim like this.
  8. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Well-Known Member

More gun owners hopefully translates into more pro 2A votes.

9. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member Supporter

Almost certainly, some small percentage of any group is going to play the part of the villain and do God know what. That's on them, as individuals.

The rest are likely going to be, more or less, like any of us. Folks legitimately concerned and taking steps to be prepared.

Ghost1958 and godale like this.
  10. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I guess everyone is stocking up for the November Revolution of 2020.

rn-cindy and oO_Rogue_Oo like this.
  11. grandpubba

grandpubba Member

I think the reported number was between 30-40% of all new gun sales were to first time buyers, I have spent hours recently at the counter teaching people how to even operate the slide, how to load mags, the ones that don't understand, I push towards revolvers, who said they are out dated!
    Some have asked, what's the best accessory, training is my only answer, I applaud then for taking the step in getting the gun but I don't wanna see them hurt themselves.

Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  12. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I have bought six or eight firearms this year. Am I part of the five million? Does anyone keep records of who is a "new" gun owner and who is an "old" gun owner?

PeeJay1313 likes this.
  13. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Well-Known Member

I finally bought my first gun of this year yesterday. It's been so crazy out there that this was the first gun I saw selling at a fair price.

Caveman Jim, towboater and Rifling82 like this.
  14. Wambli

Wambli Well-Known Member

I’ve been teaching/certifying over 50 people every month in CC classes in my state and I’m doing a TON of private training because I abhor group classes, I think they are useless. But I’m cranking out good, TRAINED gun owners as fast as my time allows, all of them have found their conservatism and new love for the 2nd Amendment in the stark face of the current political/criminal climate.

15. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

I don't own any guns, guns are bad.

I just download pictures from the internet.

Ghost1958 and Caveman Jim like this.
  16. grandpubba

grandpubba Member

My guess, either a poll or based on names submitted for the NICS check?

It was pretty easy to calculate for us, they all came in thinking they could buy a handgun/AR style weapon with out a permit. Our quick math matched the 30-40%

Caveman Jim and Chainfire like this.
  17. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

We have one lgs that is making new buyers watch a video on gun safety before he sells them a gun.

18. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

And vote appropriately to not re-elect the gun haters.

Ghost1958 and Rifling82 like this.
  19. G8rBo

G8rBo New Member

I had a life long friend (since age 12) ask me for help buying a first firearm recently. He and his wife finally decided to do it because of the summer of peaceful protests :(, and the upcoming elections. Believe it or not a local gun shop had a good selection of quality guns at MSRP, not inflated. He bought a P320 compact for $539 and a S&W mp15 with a red dot for $749.
    I had him come up to my place and we went over basic safety as well as disassembly and cleaning before going out back and firing the Sig. He actually took to the handgun real well. A couple of days later we concentrated on the rifle and got the dot on target. I made sure to top off his immediate ammo needs and they’re GTG.

20. Les Moore

Les Moore Well-Known Member

Funny, this number 5 million. That's also about how many people are in the NRA.
    Out of over 140 million gun owners, only five million were willing to pony up the 12 cents a day, to join the NRA.

WOW, how cheap are we?