2018 Taylor MI PPC

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by partdeux, Jan 7, 2018.

1. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Let the games begin, runs through 1/14 with banquet that evening.

I shot, and literally sitting on last years 1st place (Master) in both PPC and Service. This is the second category in Lewis scoring system with High Master being the highest.

DNF two shots in service... WTF was that all about? I heard that SWMBO was in the booth and screaming at me as she recognized by cadence was too slow.

Somehow lost two shots, as in completely missed the target in PPC. I need to figure out where. I'm guessing prone, as I never practice that.

I love working the matches as RSO. Today, I had a brand new shooter with a brand new firearm. She came out with her also inexperienced b/f, we had another inexperienced shooter, and three experienced shooters when I looked and saw no other RSO's... quickly fixed that. She did ok, but it's kind of hard to teach shooting fundamentals to someone in the middle of a match. She walked away with a huge smile on her face. She'll be back!

SWMBO is the chief scoring judge. We showed up later this morning, and apparently they were having some issues. Comment was made, what happened, suddenly the score room was moving :) This is a tough week for us, as we both work, and then working the match after work and both weekends tends to get a bit challenging. I'm able to take a break, SWMBO can't. It is funny, two years ago a guy challenged her stating, this isn't my 1st rodeo little woman... whoops, probably not the best thing to say to her. Without missing a beat, she piped back, and you're not a GD cowboy, now get over there and do what I told you to do :). Same year, someone else challenged their score. She upheld the decision, and the shooter decided to formally challenge the score. Club president is a 600 shooter, and he got out his magnifying glass and bullet guides. Actually took points away from the shooter.

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Nothing like this exists in Bumfugg. :(

SRK97 likes this.

3. partdeux

So, drive to Taylor MI, you have a couple of days to get here :)

Or better yet, start your own match

MisterMcCool likes this.
  4. partdeux

What a competition it was! RSO for much of the event, nothing remarkable, except some state police officers shooting with low scores. I've come to expect local LEO to shoot bad. IRC, 450 total competitors.

I was 1 point low for winning a firearm in service category, and 1 point high to win money in Aggregate. My PPC score was low, but I suspect it was a scoring issue that I signed off on without looking closely at my card. There were identified errors, but because I signed off on it, they only corrected math errors.

Oldest daughter shot the event with her brand new gun she won at last years event. The RSO that was working with her came up to me, as she had multiple FTE. I took her firearm out on the range with her, and while I didn't have any FTE, the slide felt sluggish. I worked with her on her grip for a few minutes, and then field stripped the firearm and poured slick2000 on it. She didn't have any additional problems. It dawned on me after that, her firearm had never been cleaned. I was waiting for her to come over to clean it, and she never did.

Club president worked with the youngest daughter. He declared her a natural, and said I need to get her shooting. She has to want to first :(