2014 Trans Am Nationals.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by rn-cindy, Aug 23, 2014.

1. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

Having a great time in Dayton, Oh. Thought i would drop you guys a post card (er-some pics)...1/4 Mile of Trans Am's on both sides of the road ( for Obama supporters...that's a total of 1/2 Mile of cars side by side) A few pics of some of my favorite ones..I got to drive a SD-455 4SPD car with 41,000 original miles....:D. If your into Firebirds...This place is THE place to be..When they pulled out, it was getting dark, 23 Indy Pace Cars lined up, turned on their flashers and strobes, and rolled out together..one of the coolest things i have ever seen....Tomorrow is the big show...Will have a full report..

Attached Files:

2. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

Some of my favorite cars, I had a 79 trams am but it is long gone to to junk yard after a pretty good crash:(

3. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

Forgot one from last night..A Y88 Code SE (Bandit Car) with the tops, 4spd, WS6 suspension, W72 engine 23,000 original miles...this car is just drippin with sexy....Learning alot about Trans-Ams this weekend.

Attached Files:

4. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

Time for me to head home, have to work tonight so cant stay for awards...:(. Almost 400 Trans Am's / Firebirds in one place was realy cool, and i made some new friends...:)

Attached Files:

• tr2.jpg
      tr2.jpg
      File size:
      32.5 KB
      Views:
    • tr3.jpg
      tr3.jpg
      File size:
      33.1 KB
      Views:
    • tr1.jpg
      tr1.jpg
      File size:
      32.8 KB
      Views:
    • tr4.jpg
      tr4.jpg
      File size:
      32.5 KB
      Views:
    • tr5.jpg
      tr5.jpg
      File size:
      31.9 KB
      Views:
    • tr6.jpg
      tr6.jpg
      File size:
      31.5 KB
      Views:
    • tr7.jpg
      tr7.jpg
      File size:
      31.9 KB
      Views:
    • tr12.jpg
      tr12.jpg
      File size:
      32.1 KB
      Views:
    • tr11.jpg
      tr11.jpg
      File size:
      33.4 KB
      Views:
  5. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Cindy,

Do they have this there every year or other locations. And what specific month if any? I guess I would like to consider attending in the future! Here is my Baby. She is a 1988 Trans Am completely restored from the ground up. Has around 89,000 original miles on it and the engine was also completely rebuilt 25,000 miles ago. She is 100% Original.
    WOW! That would have been something to see! Thanks!

Attached Files:

6. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

Thats very nice....lots of 3rd Gen cars there..yours would fit right in...Its always the last weekend in Aug. always in Dayton. This was their 30th year, and my 4th year attending. My roomates brother has 2 Firebird Formula's, so i go with them...would love to see you there next year......:)

7. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

A view of the Gen 4 section from our 3rd floor hotel room.

Attached Files:

• tr9.jpg
      tr9.jpg
      File size:
      32.4 KB
      Views:
  8. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

Another shot of the Gen 4 section..Trans Am's last year was 2002, so even the newest ones are 12yrs old.

Attached Files:

9. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

I probably should have bought this one, for sale in the swap meet section...the picture dosn't do it justice..really beautiful, clean, low miles car $8,300...But if i brought a Pontiac home...I would probably be cast out of my family...:D

Attached Files:

10. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Cindy,

Thank you very much for the information. I may get to go next year but I have to be in Virginia the first of the following week so it might not be possible to attend. But thanks and I will try then or in the future! My Trans Am is insured by Auto Collectors Insurance for $13,500 in their books. So that $8500 seemed not to be a bad price.

11. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

If you don't mind my asking: why the early rebuild at 64k?

12. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

Sniper...Looks like your car has the GTA wheels on it..Did it come with those..or did you put them on..?

13. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

A few pics RG's Brother took, He has a much better camera...

Attached Files:

14. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

My best friends dad took 1st thid year in his class with his 77 TransAm smokey edition