2013 deer

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by cblowe13, Oct 10, 2013.

1. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

Idle season opens up for me tomorrow. Going bright and early. Let's see some of the deer killed so far this year and what you killed it with!!!

2. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

The season here opens on 10/12. I saw 7 deer today when I was turning hay that got rained on. I will be working saturday but I will have my trusty 91/30 with me if I see a deer that is perfect for the grill.

3. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

I here you! I get to get out in about 2 hours thank god finally!

4. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

I am gonna ground check two tommrow hopefully.

5. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

First doe last week! Hoping to get a monster right now in the stand.

image-3914759340.jpg

image-2792030625.jpg

6. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I must be getting soft. I have been feeding deer in my backyard since the first of September. I throw bird feed out in the same area. When I see deer out there all I need is the sun to shine through a rainbow, I will have a real life disney movie. Kind of hard to shoot the deer when I recognize them as one of the groups that feed in my yard.

7. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

That would only make it easier lol unless it's a doe with a fawn I won't shoot. Haven't got my fist buck yet. I've shot about 8 doe. Saw a big boy pop out last week I know I could have taken a head shot but didn't want to. Made me sick to see him never turn broadside. But made me feel good not to take a head or chest shot,

8. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

My bosses oldest son killed this big cleburne county Arkansas buck the other day. It's the biggest I've ever seen around this area. It scored 185. it was taken with a muzzle loader.

image-1887412657.jpg

image-142547236.jpg

9. CaseyChadwell

CaseyChadwell New Member

I think I would have given him another year or so to get a tad bit bigger ;-). He he, j/k. That is a massive deer anywhere in the country! Congrats to the bosses son! That thing is a real trophy! How old was the son?

10. bowhunter17

bowhunter17 New Member

My first doe. It was a 20 yard quartering away shot. I hit both lungs and it dropped right where I shot it. It was the first deer to be within shooting range.

Attached Files:

11. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

That is an absolute GIANT for Arkansas!!

12. CaseyChadwell

CaseyChadwell New Member

Congrats man! Archery hunting is in a thrill category all its own!

13. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

The bosses son is 35 and his son was with him he's about 4. It's the biggest deer I've ever seen around these parts.
    He saw the buck the day before but his son didn't have his ear plugs in and so he let it walk and found it the next day. If that was me the boy would of been saying huh and what after the first day! lol.

14. CaseyChadwell

CaseyChadwell New Member

Well, that's awesome that he got to experience that with his four year old son! I don't think there would have been a better way to experience getting a deer like that!

15. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

Yeah I know. And it will be on the wall to remind them both of that awesome day and a wonderful buck.

16. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

bowhunter17 - A huge congrats to you my man!

I still vividly remember my very first deer. I've been blessed to be able to harvest a lot of other deer since then, but the memory of that forkhorn in my sights and walking up to find it laying there, right where I shot it, will always be cherished!

17. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

This little 7 point snuck in on me today while I was watching a covey of quail eating out of my food plot. There were about 12 quail. I couldn't get drawn and when I did I spooked him. I'm gonna wait here till after noon maybe he will come back this way. If not a day in the woods is way better than a day at work.

image-477996770.jpg
    A few of the quail.

image-373866051.jpg
    Small racked 7

18. Hawg

Hawg New Member

Our primitive weapons doesn't even start until 11/11. Archery started 10/1 but I don't bow hunt.

19. icallshotgun88

icallshotgun88 New Member

Any of you guys hunt in Northern California?
    I'm new to all of this looking to find good areas to hunt..
    Not just which zones to hunt but specific area, roads, etc.

20. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

Last weekend's Montana mule deer. LOTS of meat on this one. Chops, tenderloin and about 40 lbs of ground.

Unfortunately, this was not a very clean kill. Muley took off same instant I pulled trigger - had to run in and make quick mercy kill (hence slit throat).

Minnesota deer in a week (hopefully). LOVE this time of year!

Attached Files:

• doe.jpg
      doe.jpg
      File size:
      31.6 KB
      Views: