2012 is coming?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by slowryde45, Feb 27, 2010.

1. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  2. MB44

MB44 New Member

I ain't just watching it, I am livining it.....we just had another aftershock about 10 min ago while I was sleeping,......woke me up again, just like the one at 03:34 this morning..... :eek:

3. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

MB44, I hope you and your family are fine. Where in Chile are you?

A mate of mine lives in Concepción, and it took forever to get in touch with him.

Luckily you guys have some excellent emergency services and had taken all the humanly possible precautions. If this had happened in any other country in the region the loss of life would have been much, much bigger.

4. MB44

MB44 New Member

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Glad to hear you and your family are fine, MB44. Stay safe and alert. :)

6. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

One of the unfortunate things about earthquakes, especially those of magnitude 6 or greater, is that aftershocks will continue for years afterwards. AND, those aftershocks can be of the same magnitude, or greater than the original shaker. That's just one of the reasons I'm glad I removed myself from the People's Republik of Kalifornia all those years ago. Sure Nevada has some geological faults but we're nowhere near as seismically active as Kalifornia.

7. MB44

MB44 New Member

Yeah, we are thinking of moving ourselves,...Do you know of anybody outside of Chile that needs an IT-Manager (CIO) with +25 years of experience in the IT industry..???? :D

8. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

MB,

If you need anything for yourself or your family that you can't get there please let Glasshartt and I know and we will get a package down to you asap. I just got back from Haiti on Thursday and know what your going through. Please don't hold back and just send a pm to us if you need anything.

Stay safe.

Scubie

9. Hey-you-guys

Hey-you-guys New Member

Maybe the 2012 thing is going to happen? Anyone else read my thread about the Pentagon's Zombie Vaccine? Earthquakes, wildfires, war, zombies, hurricanes, economic collapse. I've never experienced an earthquake but man the people in Chile, Japan, and Haiti sure don't look like they're doing alright.

10. MB44

MB44 New Member

Hi Scubie

Well I’d be much obliged if you could send down
    1) a 1911 (Any brand),
    2) a S&W 29 (6”),
    3) Twist the arms of some leftwing-politician so that I can get a conceal carry permit (which are so damn hard to get around here)

"then I’d be happier than a tornado in a trailer park… "

Jokes aside, - I sure do appreciate you guys are offering your help, but we are fortunate that we live in the better part of Santiago, where all building are anti seismic, and that itself reduces casualties and damages. Chile has due to its previous experience with >7.5 earthquakes (1920; 1960, 1974, 1985) strict laws regarding construction, and have overall a much better infrastructure than Haiti, hence the death toll is so much lower despite the fact that the earthquake was more intense.

Basically the worst thing was the sounds during the quake. I can best descrbe is like a heavy thumping, with breaking glass, and screeching metal at about 3.000.000 dB....

So the bottom line is that we are ok and are now facing the possible looting, even though I doubt that it's going to reach Santiago...

Looking outside my office, I can see that Starbucks is open….. Think I'll jog down and get a cafe-latte....

(life goes on),....

:)

11. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Stay safe MB.

12. MB44

MB44 New Member

Will do.

But this is getting out of control. The people in Concepcion looted earlier today a department store, and now they put fire to it....

We recieved report of looting in santiago as well, but on a smaller scale. Nevertheless, what I am afraid of is once the supermarkets, departmentstores are looted the mob will move elsewhere... perhaps to my neighborhood.. who knows ? I am stockpiling ammo, and got all firearms in condition one...
    Time will tell how this ends........

13. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Be safe! The news or what news is some shows some scary situations going on there. Looting and the hairy rescues!

14. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Im actually thinking about getting earthquake insurance again, house built in 25, i can live in the back yard if i have to but be nice to be covered

15. MB44

MB44 New Member

If I got earthquake insurance living in Chile ????
    IS A PIGS BUTT PORK ????
    The insurance guy is comming on monday even thought the appartment building looks tough like rock,...but better safe than sorry.....

Anyway,... I told my wife, that if the aftershocks, which by now have surpassed 200, are below 7.0 - "Don't bother to wake me up"...... she threw a fit :D