2012 - Calm Before the Economic Storm

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by PanBaccha, Aug 15, 2012.

1. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

2012 - Calm Before the Economic Storm
    No words. Just preparation and readiness.
    When this individual found out Obama signed the NDAA. He got ready for the big storm.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/Watch?v=ChLlwj3rxbM&feature=youtube[/ame]

2. bkt

bkt New Member

If you're not concerned about our monetary policy, you should be.

This is the must-read article of the day: http://lewrockwell.com/north/north1186.html

It's a little long, but it's well worth going through completely. Don't zone out - if you need to, go back and re-read whatever you need to.

3. bkt

bkt New Member

Just watched the video. I liked it, but am I the only guy who noted there wasn't a water purifier, that he didn't take stuff out of the plastic store-bought packages, use mylar or O2 absorbers and gamma lids, and that he needs a good deal more canned goods and ammo?

(Sorry. Not trying to be a dick.)

4. TLuker

TLuker New Member

It's not looking good. I think almost everyone can see that we are going to end up with hyperinflation and/or default on our debt. Something has got to give, and if its bad enough that even I can see it then its pretty bad.

5. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Same here! Also, can goods need to be in order based on expiration date always having the old in front the new ones purchased.

Water in the containers is good; but, I have the same and always on recycle mode - meaning use one container for regular coffee and drinking and once empty goes to the back of the line and refilled with the glacier water. I will use the tap water.

I try to pick up canned goods at Sam's or Costco. Costco coffee (Kirkland Brand) works very well in espresso machine!

What TLUKER said and the increase tempo of government agencies purchasing ammo makes me a little nervous. They know something and the populace is sleepy!

6. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Um, Hollow-Points for Paper Target Practice -- Really!?

'First the Department of Homeland Security ordered 450 million rounds of ammunition, then the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) submitted an order for 46,000 rounds of high powered ammo, and now Business Insider reports that the Social Security Administration is asking to purchase 174,000 rounds of .357 Sig 125 grain bonded jacketed hollow point bullets...'

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/rea...weather-service-request-46000-rounds-of-ammo/

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Attached Files:

8. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Why on God's Green Earth would the SSA need to buy this ammount of ammo? Or any ammo? Or NOAA for that matter......Are they going Fishooting?

9. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

It appears more and more like .....

'The Shot Heard 'Round The World'

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

Haven't watched the video. Think maybe he was just getting what he could afford? I'll have to Check it out.

11. bkt

bkt New Member

Yup, that's certainly possible. If he rotates that stuff out regularly he'll be OK.

12. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Tried to watch op video, account suspended.

13. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I will say this leaving it in the original packaging and no O2 absorbers is better than having nothing at all , Rotation is key but with no more than he had no biggy , I write the date on the front of all out cans so its easier to read , just because you bought new stuff doesnt mean it should go to the back I recently bought some and the date was older than what we already had :( anyway he is better preparing himself more than most . I tell ya what you wont believe how far out the exp date is on canned hams . I think we have one that says sept 2019 on it .

14. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

cuz they have an excess federal budget, and who would think to look there??? :eek: someone just happened to catch it.

and not fish in a barrel for fishooting, but "SHEEP IN A BARREL FOR SHEEPSHOOTING!" :eek: :eek: :eek:

15. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Yeah, that sounds as good a reason as any. I wish there was that kind of excess in the clr8ter budget........

16. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

you and me both, brother! i'd just settle for half of the NOAA's 46k........23,000 would most definitely make me walk around with a gleam in my eye. ;)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  17. JSStryker

JSStryker New Member

Did you consider that the reason they are buying all this ammo is to dry up supplies of ammo for civilians?

18. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Ummm, no. It'd be a lot easier to just regulate, tax, or just say "you can't have", to the point that we could not get it.......How is even the Feds going to buy up billions of rounds worldwide?

19. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Whats just as disturbing to me is how this guy would be classified by those given the power to tattoo labels on humans.

"Look folks, Hes a fairly dangerous fella! One of those Gun loving, anti-American subcategory that must be evaluated, confined and disarmed FOOG"!

The only thing I caught as an issue is the pine 2" X 4" Bar on the door, hes better off with a nice piece of 1/8" rectangular tubular steel or at least an Oak beam!

Im far from prepared for any catastrophe that could be averted by having a safe house and in reality, if things get that bad, I might better shoot myself than survive by a thread whilst everything I love and care about goes up in smoke!

20. robertb6112

robertb6112 New Member

Maybe the government is realizing that stuffs out of control. And they figure when the **** hits the fan. They will try to keep some sort of order.