2011 is off to a great start

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by oneshot, Jan 6, 2011.

1. oneshot

oneshot New Member

2010 brought in more grey to my bread than I was expecting but it was still a good year.

2011 has just started and I found out that I need to get glasses yesterday.
    I kind of thought I would need them but have been putting going to the eye doctor off untill my wife made me go. I guess she got tired of reading the words off the t.v. to me.

It made me start thinking how old I'm getting only 34 and before everybody starts in on me I know I still have a long way to go. I keep thinking that if this is the worst that happen to me for 2011 I have nothing to complain about.

The bright side to this is that my oldest son said he would wear his more to be cool like his old man. I'm not sure if he realized that was a burn from on me or not.

Thanks for letting me type this out sorry if it went on for to long you know how us old timers get. I think I'll down load some hank williams senior and listen to him go on about a tear in his beer and make myself fell better.

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Oneshot,

I know how you feel although I have long since passed you brother!
    Mike came about at 40 when I had to start turning the dome light on in the car to read smaller print. Then it progressed to using a small flashlight. Later the front sight on my pistol disappeared. Finally the little blue light bulb went on and I got my first set of spectacles. Thought about the lasik solution but never did. But now I can not see real well at distance without them or close! Oh Well! Sometimes I get so mad when I go out or come in and my specs fog over. Particularly when I am hunting. Might as well be blind due to the fog (condensation) on the glasses. Complaining always at those times I wipe them off! Grumpy Old Men are supposed to do that you know! But as you said if that is the worse thing to happen to either of us we have it made! Just look around!
    As long as we can see our sights Who Cares!

3. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Sorry! Never was a typist! That is MINE came about at 40 yoa.

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Bread or beard?

Age 30: magnifying glasses
    Age 40: Bifocals
    Age 50: Trifocals

What I hate is the effect gravity has on my hair. What was on top is now in my ears.

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Amateurs! Youngsters! Whippersnappers!

Forget the eyes. Forget the hair (dim memory for me)

Wait until your prostate starts talking back to you. HAH!
    Getting old ain't for sissies!

6. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Kee-rist. I must be ancient then. I had to start wearing glasses at age 13. My vision progressed rather "oddly" though. At 25, upon joining the Army, I still needed glasses. At 28, upon getting out of the Army, I found that my vision had "corrected" itself and I didn't need glasses. Then, at 30, I started again having vision problems. The "odd" part is, I started out nearsighted, then went 20-20 and now I'm nearsighted in the left eye and farsighted in the right eye. That would be nice for shooting but unfortunately I shoot right-handed but I'm left-eye dominant (as you can sort of see in my avatar).

So, let me welcome you to the glasses-wearing brigade. :D

7. orangello

orangello New Member

Every time i get prescription lenses for my mild astigmatism, i find the glasses sooooo annoying that my vision magically corrects itself within a few weeks. I have my most recent pair (two years old) in my desk drawer, just in case of eye strain.