2011 Filing for Taxes Rant!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Bigcountry02, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I just did my pre-run of my taxes for the wife and myself for 2011. Last year we got money back and this year - negative we owe!

Everything is going up and to afford the necessary items you have to earn a little more; but, you get in the rear at tax time. Worst of all I am having them take out more deductions during 2011. :mad:

Sorry had to get this off my chest!

2. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

there's more entitlement to cover

3. orangello

orangello New Member

Particularly in times of change like getting married, moving, changing jobs, and such it is often worth the money to meet with a CPA for some tax planning. If you don't have rental property, six part-time jobs, and a small business, it shouldn't take longer than a couple of appointments with a tax planner. Look for an older, experienced CPA with a very active individual income tax prep. practice, but don't go to some guy who ONLY does income tax. Now that the year is done, there isn't much you can really do about it, except maybe a last minute IRA contribution if you have some extra cash to stash.

When i was working two jobs and had a very predictable income stream, i managed to keep my federal and state income tax refunds under $5 for years. That means uncle fed didn't get to borrow my money all year for free.

4. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

I always have to pay. I have my deductions set up so I have more money during the year AND I don't give the government a "free" loan of MY money. I usually end up paying around $160 or less (mostly less). My deduction to my 401k reduces my income, which is north of $60K, enough that I don't take it "in the end" from Uncle Sugar each year.

5. mes227

mes227 New Member

Tax rates did not increase on anything in 2011. At least not at the federal level.

6. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I am going to do a comparison from 2010 to 2011 timeframe.