2010 Hunting Thread

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by hunter Joe, Aug 8, 2010.

1. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Well we are about 5 weeks out from the opening of the 2010 Archery Deer Season here in Wisconsin. Time sure passes quickly.

I was downloading some photos off one of the cameras and came crossed this picture of a jake that was taken last April while I was turkey hunting. I'll always remember the hour I spent in the woods that evening because it was the night before my mother died. I was talk'n to the turkeys and talk'n to God that evening. I asked God to help my mother make the transition to Heaven as peacefully as possible and he ultimately answered my prayers the next day. She had been suffering for nearly a year and I knew the end was near that evening.

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming season so I can once again be alone in a special place with my God and my thoughts.

To all, be safe and shoot straight. Joe

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  2. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Great post, Joe. You're doing it right.

3. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I agree Joe,Just as Lon said it.

Good luck on this years hunting. THB

4. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Good luck this year, Joe.

5. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Joe, I can't wait for the season to get here. I'm setting up a stand at my inlaws place this year to try my hand there. Deer come thru there constantly and I've kicked them up in the middle of the day just walking thru the woods.
    You a dove hunter?

6. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Spitty I haven't hunted doves yet, but I ate a few years ago before they became legal to hunt here in Wisconsin. Yum, Yum.

Hopefully I find time to give it a try someday.

7. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Dove hunting is a BLAST!!! When the birds are flying you can't reload fast enough. I use a 16ga SxS and on a good day I'll easily go thru 100rds. Be prepared to miss a lot.

8. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

What part of Wisconsin are you in, Joe?

9. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

I live in the far SE section, just south of Milwaukee, but have land just west of the Dells. It's about 150 miles door to door.

10. orangello

orangello New Member

I wish you MUCH LUCK in your pursuit of the evil jaywalking ungulates.

I wish the DOT could paint the road lines with something to make the more frequent jaywalkers easier to hunt.

11. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I've been planning on some Wis hunting (just haven't found the time). Sister's boy friend (near Jefferson), has some land N of Madison. My late brother lived in LaFarge. I was raised in East Troy area.

Maybe this year.....

12. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

I'm about 60 miles NW of Mad Town. So if you ever need a place to stay, me casa su casa. I have a 24 X 30 garage with two colored TVs, indoor plumbing, shower, and sleeps six with room for the boat and ATV. I call it a garage and the tax assessor calls it a cottage, although, it does have a garage door.

13. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Did a little pre-season scouting yesterday and afterwards had to get a blood transfusion as the mosquitoes were hunting me.

I hung a camera over the food plot and I did run into 3 nice Toms, but didn't see any whitetails. Archery hunting opens in 4 weeks (O-Boy) but I think the mosquito season is going to run long past the whitetail opener. Thank God for Therm O Cell.

14. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I've often wondered if you just carried a big bag full of blood wherever you go, would the mosquitoes leave you alone....?