20 People You Didn't Know Are Marines

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Vincine, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Vincine

Very interesting! Makes you wonder why in the world Oswald and Right turned out to be such idiots and anti American?:rolleyes:

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

the us marine corp is an honorable organization that sometimes has some of the scummiest people as their alumni. it is no reflection on the corps itself when someone as scum sucking as wright, carville and imus go on to be horrendous individuals.

4. woody63m

woody63m New Member

And the guy that plays gibbs on ncis he was a marine

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Mark Harmon?

I don't think so. He was the son of a former pro football player and I think his mom was an actress. I know he played football in college for UCLA. He was a hell of a beach volleyball player on the semi pro circuit in California. I believe he has been acting since the early 70's, which was shortly after his college career, so I don't think he had time to serve.

I do know that the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation did honor him for his positive portrayal as a former marine.

6. woody63m

woody63m New Member

Your right i could have sworn he was though i looked it up i dont remeber where i heard it

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I would have sworn the same thing until about 2 years ago. Someone here had said that no actors in today's hollywood had served, like in the 50's and 60's. Guys like Lee Marvin and Ernest Borgine (RIP).

Someone said that Harmon had and that lead to some facts being outed. That is the only reason I knew. :eek:

JD

8. Yunus

Yunus New Member

They also have some of the most honorable people on their alumni. Let's not let politics get involved and bring everyone down. The Marines have some great and some not so great individuals on their roster, I would say overall though I would take a random person from their roster over that of most companies.

9. fmj

fmj New Member

Seems to me it was USC...but yeah, the rest is spot on. Hes was born to money, went to college, played football and acted.