2 US airmen killed in Frankfurt airport shooting

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by colmustard, Mar 2, 2011.

1. colmustard

colmustard New Member

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

The initial reports say the jackass shouted "Allah Akbar" [sic] before opening fire. Another example of those peace loving Muslims I expect.

RIP Airmen, maybe someday we'll be allowed to mete out real justice...

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

God speed to those service men who died in Frankfurt, thoughts and prayers for their families who probably thought they were safe far away from the sandbox.

Interesting....Germany has some of the most draconian gun laws in all of Europe.

Gun politics in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "A firearms ownership license (Waffenbesitzkarte) must be obtained before a weapon can be purchased. Owners of multiple firearms need separate ownership licenses for every single firearm they own. It entitles owners to purchase firearms and handle them on their own property and any private property with property owner consent. On public premises, a licensed firearm must be transported unloaded and in a stable, fully enclosing, locked container. A weapons ownership license does not entitle the owner to shoot the weapon or carry it on public premises without the prescribed container. Firearms ownership licenses are valid three years or less, and owners must obtain mandatory insurance and a means to securely store the weapon on their premises (a weapons locker). Blanket ownership licenses are sometimes issued to arms dealers."

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Rest in peace Airmen.

5. Car54

Car54 New Member

Another senseless tragedy. Rest in Peace you've earned it. Condolences to the families and friends, and get well wishes to the wounded.

6. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Pulled from the Blaze. This is a terrorist attack and the administration still will not call it that. They did the same with the Fort Hood shooting as well.

German Gunman’s Pistol Jammed, Saving U.S. Airman | The Blaze

KARLSRUHE, Germany (The Blaze/AP) –The pistol used by the 21-year-old who admits killing two U.S. airmen at Frankfurt airport jammed with six rounds left, possibly saving the lives of other airmen, a German investigator said Friday.

Two other U.S. Air Force personnel were wounded in the attack Wednesday by Arid Uka, an ethnic Albanian from Kosovo.

Uka refused to speak when formally charged Thursday before a judge with two counts of murder and three counts of attempted murder. But he made lengthy statements to police shortly after the attack, according to prosecutor Rainer Griesbaum.

Uka told authorities he had taken the FN 9mm pistol and two knives to the airport specifically to kill Americans “as revenge for the American mission in Afghanistan,” Griesbaum said.

He said a YouTube video he saw the day before the attack allegedly showing a raid on a home by U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan had inspired him to prevent “further cruelties.”

When he saw the busload of 16 airmen parked outside Terminal 2 awaiting transport to the nearby Ramstein Air Base, he approached one standing outside and, under the pretext of asking for a cigarette, asked if they were servicemen were on their way to Afghanistan.

“When he said yes, he shot the 25-year-old serviceman from behind in the head,” Griesbaum said.

Uka then stormed onto the bus, yelling “Allah Akbar!” — Arabic for “God is great!” — and shot the driver in the head, killing him as well, Griesbaum said.

He then shot twice at a 25-year-old airman seated on the bus, wounding him, then fired once at a 21-year-old airman, wounding him as well, Griesbaum said.

“Then he tried to shoot a 22-year-old,” Griesbaum said. “He pointed his pistol at his head and pulled the trigger twice, but the pistol jammed and no shots came out.”

Uka fled, and the airman he had tried to shoot chased him down in the airport terminal and overpowered him along with police.

None of the airmen were in uniform, except for the driver.

Despite the attacker’s admission, U.S. officials have still stopped short of calling the incident a terrorist attack, sparking outrage by some.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  7. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Parting Last Words..........

My father served in WW 2. And every day of his life as a Medic in that war did he not forget that today would be his last day. Life, death, no matter the job. Death will find you. Words are not wasted when it comes to the death of a U.S. Military Man Or woman.........God Bless our Military............

8. colmustard

colmustard New Member

very right there big country about it being handeld the same as the fort hood shooting. I am sick of pepole not calling it what it is! Also I am surprised by how little pepole know about this and how little I have heard about it on the news. :(

9. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

That is horrible. RIP and may God be with them and their families.

10. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Looks like stateside news has laid the carpet over the shooting; but, Stripes - Independent U.S. military news from Iraq, Afghanistan and bases worldwide (Stars and Stripes) is still typing away.

Prosecutor: Gunman targeted airmen because of Afghanistan - Germany - Stripes

"A federal judge in Karlsruhe on Thursday ordered Arid Uka held in jail on two counts of murder and three counts of attempted murder, officials said. In the German legal system, charges are not filed until after the investigation is complete.

A spokesman at the prosecutor’s office said that in Germany, a murder conviction is an automatic life sentence.

Most people sentenced to life are eligible for parole in 15 years, but a judge can rule that out in the initial sentencing if he deems the crime heinous enough."

Did airmen present an easy target at Frankfurt airport? - News - Stripes

'Soft Underbelly' of Security Exposed Following Airport Attacks, Experts Warn

'Soft Underbelly' of Security Exposed Following Airport Attacks, Experts Warn - FoxNews.com

11. colmustard

colmustard New Member

Thanks again for the news big country. keep it up. Hope those duche bags get life and no parole!:mad:

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Godspeed Airmen! May Odin send his best and prettiest on Sleipnir himself to wisk you to the Halls of Valhalla where you belong.

*Utmost Respect*

As for the young and radical Muslim community.

Well.

All I can say is.

We haven't played Cowboys and Muslims.................. Yet. :cool:

Cowboys! Mount Up!

JD

13. Car54

Car54 New Member

I just read today he had a FN and it jammed as he tried to shoot another airman in the head on the bus. The gun still had 5 or 6 more rounds in it when it jammed.

14. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

God Bless their families! And may they rest in peace.

I also am fed up with this Islamic Radical Muslim Peaceful Religion S---!
    When are the idiots in Washington going to stop thinking the American public is stupid. These are with out a doubt terrorist attitude acts. Any Muslim that kills and American should be buried in a Pigs Hide! That would put them in perspective since their virgin permit would be cancelled! Same for the radical mosque projects in the USA. Help beautify the landscape bury a pig!

15. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I just want to say that I am really, REALLY happy to be on Sniper03's side of the wire. ;)

JD

16. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Thanks for the compliment JD. Your always welcome at the AO!:)

17. Sarge22

Sarge22 New Member

May they find peace in the Goddess's embrace. One of the fellas was from a town just down the street from mine. He's given on the news as a victim, but he was more. He was a husband, and a father of two. I know no details of the other Airman, but they were both human beings, and didn't need to die this way. While in the Army, I was stationed in Germany 2004-2007. Their were constant terrorist threats, some of which were only found out when a bomb would explode near a security gate. Frankfurt airport has a small detachment of Soldiers who meet the inbound servicemen for Germany and direct them to the shuttle to the military inprocessing facility. It was this bus these two men were ambushed on. In a nation full of hostiles, the "greeters" are in uniform, showing everyone who they are, but have NO SECURITY. The military inadvertently advertises their presence and doesn't even bother making sure it's personnel are safe. I blame the military for this atrocity just as much as I do Islamic Extremists. These men would be alive if simple security measures were in place.

18. Sarge22

Sarge22 New Member

All I can say is.

We haven't played Cowboys and Muslims.................. Yet. :cool

Cowboys! Mount Up!

Join the Cavalry, my friends, and let's ride out to meet our foes!!

19. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I say that we allow them into the canyon and get 'em all.

20. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

Obama is quick to not show he is Pro-American or has a narrow view of the world. This fellow will be the next leader of the United Nations. He is a very left of center internationalist. The UN will have a very powerful advocate for dividing the wealth of the more powerful nations. The radical moslems movement will be used as the "Hounds Of Hell' to defeat freedom thru out the globe.

DK