2 things happened at the range

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Glockpotion23, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Just got back from the range and a couple of things happened. One, i want to know why was all my shots left of the target? I had pretty nice group for a guy who doesnt get to shoot alot but all the shots were to the left:(. Next, i had one stovepipe with the last round of the mag. Is that the ammo or the mag? i cant remember. Its funny cause my HP's fed nice and all the FMJ's fed good up until the very last round of the last mag. I was shocked but i just karate chopped it from the ejection port and came home. Any suggestions?

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Hard to say right now, it's going to take a lot more rounds. Make sure you number your mags and see if over time this reoccurs with the same mag.

Are you right or left handed?

3. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Most of what ive read it says if you shot the left. Assumuing your right handed, your flinching when you squeeze the trigger. I will look and see if i can find the chart for you. I seen it online.

4. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I would say that your shooting to the left is from slightly jerking the trigger instead of a consistant squeeze

5. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I googled shooting area graph and its like the fourth picture. Im at work on my phone and it wouldnt save the picture so i could post it.

6. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Ok, thanks for the input:)

7. rbmorris

rbmorris New Member

I'll do it for you since you ride a Sporty!

Attached Files:

8. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

I agree. Next time, concentrate on your trigger pull and shooting form. If you're confident that all's well and you are still shooting left, adjust the sights. All Glocks I've ever seen has the rear sight dovetailed so you can tap it over.
    As for the stove pipes, Does it happen with every mag? If so, then you might be limp wristing a bit but I don't think so because it's only the last round. If it's only with one mag, them it's the magazine. You might want to replace the mag spring.