2- stage trigger suggestions

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by RickK1974, Nov 22, 2011.

1. RickK1974

RickK1974 New Member

I am looking to upgrade the trigger on my Colt LE6940. I have seen a RRA two stage and also some others, including the "flat trigger" models. So, what do you guys have and why do you like/dislike it?

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Rock River 2 stage, easy to install, reasonably priced compared to other quality triggers.

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

ive got the rra 2 stage its nice crisp clean break. i recomend the extra few $$ and get the chromed version. easy to clean residue and grit. heavy enough for field use light enough for target use. its as light as i care to go with a trigger group i also take hunting along with target shooting.

4. RickK1974

RickK1974 New Member

Thanks or the input guys. That is what I am looking for, a crisp and clean trigger that is a little lighter. But I don't want a fragile competition trigger group.

5. Fumbles

Fumbles New Member

I just bought the Geissele SSA trigger but have yet to install it. I am really looking forward to using it. The stock LMT CQB MRP trigger is awful...well, the one I have is.

Look at this graph from the Geissele website.......with both a stock AR trigger profile and the Geissele profile plotted.

The graph of the "stock AR" trigger profile looks just like how mine feels as I pull through. Not only that it is rough and grindy sometimes.....even with a little schprinkle of BreakFree in there.

[​IMG]

6. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

7. RickK1974

RickK1974 New Member

Which trigger did you go with? How have you liked it so far?

8. RickK1974

RickK1974 New Member

Geissele is also one of the brands I have been contemplating. I definitely want a lighter, crisp trigger.

9. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Rock River 2 Stage! No gimmicks no frills and no big $$$ Ticket! Just a fantastic trigger. 1 lb. Free travel and 3.5 lb. let off! 3.5 lb trigger reset pull! :D I have a single JP Target Trigger that is great. But for the money and consistant reliability you can't beat the RRA. I also would highly recommend you get the KNS Anti-Roll Trigger and Hammer Pin set. They improve the pull significantly.