2 Presidents from IL

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by freefall, Aug 11, 2010.

1. freefall

freefall New Member

I was going to call an old buddy in Illinois this evening whom I haven't talked to in a couple of years. (Wasn't home) By way of pleasantry I'd planned to congratulate him on Illinois' second president. Then I thought, 2 presidents- Lincoln who ended slavery for thousands of Americans and Obama who wants to make slaves of all of us.

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Ya' got that right.

3. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Lincoln was born in Kentucky. BO was born where ever, but not Illinios. The only POTUS that was born in Illinios was Reagan...

4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Interesting stuff...

^ The Truth About Barack’s Birth Certificate Fightthesmears.com quoting FactCheck.org: When Barack Obama Jr. was born on Aug. 4,1961, in Honolulu, Kenya was a British colony, still part of the United Kingdom’s dwindling empire. As a Kenyan native, Barack Obama Sr. was a British subject whose citizenship status was governed by The British Nationality Act of 1948. That same act governed the status of Obama Sr.‘s children. Since Sen. Obama has neither renounced his U.S. citizenship nor sworn an oath of allegiance to Kenya, his Kenyan citizenship automatically expired on Aug. 4, 1982.”

The following Presidents were born British subjects before the establishment of the United States:

George Washington
    John Adams
    Thomas Jefferson
    James Madison
    James Monroe
    John Quincy Adams
    Andrew Jackson
    William Henry Harrison
    The following Presidents were born British subjects, as well as American citizens, after the establishment of the United States:

Chester A. Arthur[9] was born in Vermont, but the 14th Amendment had not yet been ratified and thereby conferred the rights of citizenship-at-birth. Chester Arthur's mother, Malvina Stone Arthur, was born in New Hampshire and a U.S. citizen, but prior to the 1921 Cable Act. Therefore, she was naturalized derivatively to that of her husband prior to Chester's birth. Chester Arthur was not even a U.S. citizen until his father naturalized when he was 14-years old.

5. freefall

freefall New Member

I know neither of them were born in Illinois, but both claimed it as their place of residence when elected. If Sarah Palin were to be elected you can bet she'd be "First President from Alaska" even though she was born in Idaho or someplace.

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I knew there was some reason I didn't completely erase Ill-a-noise from my memory!

Attached Files:

7. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

^^What He Said^^

8. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Parallels of Abraham Lincoln and B. H. Obama:

1. Lincoln placed his hand on the Bible for his inauguration. Obama used the same Bible.

2. Lincoln came from Illinois. Obama comes from Illinois.

3. Lincoln served in the Illinois Legislature. Obama served in the Illinois Legislature.

4. Lincoln had very little experience before becoming President. Obama had very little experience before becoming President.

5. Lincoln rode the train from Philadelphia to Washington for his inauguration. Obama rode the train from Philadelphia to Washington for his inauguration.

6. Lincoln was a skinny lawyer. Obama is a skinny lawyer.

7. Lincoln was a Republican. Obama is a skinny lawyer.

8. Lincoln was highly respected. Obama is a skinny lawyer.

9. Lincoln was born in the United States. Obama is a skinny lawyer.

10. Lincoln was honest, so honest he was called Honest Abe. Obama is a skinny lawyer

11. Lincoln saved the United States. Obama is a skinny lawyer.

9. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 New Member

Lincoln presided over The Rape Of The South.
    bobo is presiding over The Rape Of The Entire Nation.......

<and I DO NOT accept bobo the Whitehouse Clown as president......>