Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Supporting Member
11,808 Posts
Primer

Totally ridiculous! What an idiot and "What Ballistics"!:rolleyes:
Because the 223/5.56 Round is already over 2.260" in Total Length!
Ammunition 223 Round Dimension.jpg

So the Bullet is almost literally sticking out the end of the Barrell!;)

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
I would have to think that those bullets start tumbling the second they’re fired, and they probably don’t make it more than a dozen or so yards. What I’m really shocked about is that the thing cycles- I can’t imagine there being enough gas pressure to do so.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts

·
Supporting Member
11,808 Posts
Bull
I am with you! He had to improvise somethin on the Gas Block. I also can not understand how it is cycling! Because obviously it is a Gas Impingement system.
:confused: It has me baffled!

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Bull
I am with you! He had to improvise somethin on the Gas Block. I also can not understand how it is cycling! Because obviously it is a Gas Impingement system.

He obviously figured out some way to do it- I just can’t figure it out

·
Registered
219 Posts
If he is monetized this video will eventually bring in $$$.
At the moment though not many subs or views.

·
Premium Member
11,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bull

I'm not a gunsmith, but how about a super light spring to make it cycle like a direct blowback?

·
Supporting Member
11,808 Posts
Primer
I have reviewed the Video again and again. And I think you have something there! I would say he has made a special Lighter Buffer, Modified the Spring and may have modified the Bolt? I also noticed an off set in the Low Profile Gas Block on the Rifle. If the Spring, Buffer were modified all the Gas would have to do was unlock the Bolt Lugs from the Barrel Extension Locking Lugs when the round went off. And with a modified system it could almost act like a blow back system at that point to cycle.
The reason I think your onto something, is by closely viewing the location of the Ejection Pattern when the Casings are Ejected.
Here is a chart to confirm he has obviously modified the Gas System. You will notice compared to the Chart that the Casings are almost flying back at 5:00 O'clock in the Yellow Section of the Chart. That is not normal at all for the AR-15. IMO he had to modify the system because if he had not the Rifle would not function. With every part being noral it would be short stroking and not running like it is.
AR 15 Ejection Chart.jpg

So other than it being a stupid Idea and totally impractical. To each his own!:p

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Primer
I have reviewed the Video again and again. And I think you have something there! I would say he has made a special Lighter Buffer, Modified the Spring and may have modified the Bolt? I also noticed an off set in the Low Profile Gas Block on the Rifle. If the Spring, Buffer were modified all the Gas would have to do was unlock the Bolt Lugs from the Barrel Extension Locking Lugs when the round went off. And with a modified system it could almost act like a blow back system at that point to cycle.
The reason I think your onto something, is by closely viewing the location of the Ejection Pattern when the Casings are Ejected.
Here is a chart to confirm he has obviously modified the Gas System. You will notice compared to the Chart that the Casings are almost flying back at 5:00 O'clock in the Yellow Section of the Chart. That is not normal at all for the AR-15. IMO he had to modify the system because if he had not the Rifle would not function. With every part being noral it would be short stroking and not running like it is.
View attachment 231488
So other than it being a stupid Idea and totally impractical. To each his own!:p

Impractical to say the least. Hell- I can’t imagine there even being enough barrel to get any rifling in that thing

·
Premium Member
10,826 Posts
For me, it ranks right up there with putting a small block Chevy V8, backed by a compact power glide, into a motorcycle frame. No practical use, more of a just because you can thing.

And yes, for the last 25 years, there has been a company making bikes like that. Also with big blocks, and current jokes with LS engines. Another one uses a turbine engine from a helicopter as well.

If a person can dream it up, someone will make one, and someone else will buy one.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts