1st Range report with me new SCCY CPX-2

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by bikerlbf406, Dec 3, 2011.

1. bikerlbf406

bikerlbf406 New Member

I took my SCCY to the range today and shot 100 rounds through it. There was only once that I accidently dropped the mag and that was because of holding my hand wrong, and no failures except one FTF and that was because I didn't have the mag loaded right, pushed the mag in and seated it a little better and it fired again without any hitches. Overall shooting experience was quite nice and I give it a 9/10 experience. I do need to find an allen wrench to adjust the rear site though and need to work on my aiming, but my shooting isn't much difference then with any of other 2 guns. So far the gun was worth the price I paid for it and it appears SCCY have worked hard on this new pistol to overcome their initial bad reputation.

Attached Files:

2. zebramochaman

zebramochaman New Member

I own one of the original CPX-1 models. Although it shoots well the external safety is a PITA. Its prone to flip to the on position while firing. My understanding is that the new model does not have the safety. Am I correct?

3. bikerlbf406

bikerlbf406 New Member

Yes you are correct, the CPX-2 has no external safety. I also have heard that they shaved the mag release down a little due to accidently pushing it in, not sure if that's true or not as I don't have CPX-1 to compare it to. My only complaint is that the nag release is very easy to push, and just barely tapping it releases the mag.

4. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

Looks like you need more time at the range with that gun. I bet thats hard to shoot accurately.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

5. BangBangBang17

BangBangBang17 New Member

Yes, that's true. The CPX-2 does not have an external safety. And with that long double action trigger pull does not need one.