1st contact with Ruger CS

Discussion in 'Ruger Handgun Forum' started by eatmydust, Jul 18, 2014.

1. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Yesterday, I bought 2 new magazines at a LGS, a LC9 9-shot, and a LCP 7-shot. I cannot get the LCP extended mag. to engage and lock in to the frame, so I called Ruger CS.

I spoke with a CS rep., who was very cordial and she promised to ship out a new extended LCP mag. come Monday, along with a postage paid return envelope for the defective mag.

I'll keep you posted.

BTW if you own a LC9 or and LCP, I recommend these extended mags., they really give my hand a better purchase on the pistol.

2. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

Ruger customer service has always been good to me. Good luck with everything.

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

i can second that.

i called them when i got my super redhawk 44mag. they had recently changed the front sight design. i had ordered a fiber optic front from midway and it was the old style. i called ruger asking if they had a new style fiber i could order off the website or direct. they sent me a new style hi-viz free. they totally did not have to do that

4. LoniJo

LoniJo New Member

I have 2 of the 9rd. mags for my LC9. They do great. But then I can't say enough good about my gun. I love everything about it!

5. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

+100 on the LC9 ext. Mags. I have 3, and I always have at least one with me wherever the LC is, even right now in my back yard,.. As the temps drop 30 degrees in 2 hrs. after sunset .(100 at 18:30. 70 at 20:30)....

Sent from my iPhone using CC Firearms Talk

6. 1911love

1911love New Member

Had to send in my .44 Super Blackhawk. Two holes weren't extracting unless I removed the cylinder and punched them out. They were very polite on the phone and turnaround was quick. Didn't cost me a penny.

7. otisthecat

otisthecat New Member

I just emailed then today about my Vaquero that has a similar problem. Hopefully I get the same service you did.

8. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

+1 on my experience with Ruger CS. Unfortunately, the SR40 I had was a lemon....had to send it back several times, extractor issues that went beyond replacing the extractor.....BUT they were very available, responsive and as helpful as they could be.

9. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Ruger CS was right on time! Today (Wed.) I received a new extended 7-round mag., Priority Mail, with a postage paid return padded envelope for the "defective" mag.

The mag. still didn't engage as easily as I would have liked, so I took my Dremel tool to the sides of the mag's base plate and milled out a tiny bit of plastic and voila snaps in like a Glock's mag, real easy and positive.

I knew I could have done that to the original but I wanted to see if the extended base plate was suppose to be milled out and what Ruger's CS was like.

Thanks Ruger.

10. 1911love

1911love New Member

They ended up just sending me a new cylinder. Quick and easy CS.

11. otisthecat

otisthecat New Member

Yeah, got it back yesterday, new cylinder, tweaked the timing, new springs and a couple other things. All in all, great service!

12. 1911love

1911love New Member

Good to hear!

13. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

I recently (last week) had another opportunity to test out Ruger's CS, I was out on Labor Day weekend shooting several of my guns and experienced FTF's from light primer strikes with my SR45. After experiencing 4 light primer strikes/FTFs on 3 different types of ammo, I put the gun aside for the day.

I decided to check out the internet for any known problems with the SR45, and sure enough, light primer strikes is a known problem with this gun. It appears that the firing pin channel can become filled with brass filings from either the firing pin and/or extractor chipping minute pieces of brass off of shell casings. I stripped my SR45 and cleaned about 12 - 15 brass shavings out of the firing pin channel.

I called Ruger CS the Tuesday after Labor Day and they said that this is a known problem and that they did have a fix for it. They emailed me a pre-paid mailing label and I shipped it out to them via FedEx ground the next day. According to the FedEx tracking number, Ruger shipped it out on this past Friday and I received it today (Wed.)

According to the work order, Ruger replaced the extractor, magazine disconnect, slide stop assembly and striker assembly. They also repaired the barrel, which I didn't know needed any repairs(?). They function tested the gun by firing 30 rounds without any malfunctions.

I only had about 200 - 250 rounds thru the pistol prior to the FTF's I experienced, I'll need to fire another several hundred rounds without any FTF's before I will trust this gun with my life.

Once again, Ruger CS has been very cordial and expeditious, I hope I can rely on their products as much as I have been able to rely on their CS!