1st anual FTF intervention!!!!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by lbwar15, Dec 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Boy wouldn't that be awesome.

Getting to meat all of the goobers, I mean people on here face to face.

Hang out and shoot s*** all day. Man that would be grate.

2. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member Sponsor

anyone around southern mo. is free to meet at my place. i wish the mods and staff could somehow come to an agreement as to how someone like me who just happens to have a fully functioning range in his back yard can invite people to come without getting booted off the website, id open it up for any and all cyber posters to shoot.

3. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

You should be able to under events and meat ups. And post under the state forum. That's nice of you. I would take you up on it if t was not in AL.

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

No one is going to stop you from inviting anyone you want to your range. I wonder how long of a drive it is from my place to yours. I would love to join you. :) I would love to get an Illinois group together but we can't find anyplace to shoot.

5. bobski

ive had limited success with other websites where people want more than to just chat about guns on a computer. so ive invited them to come to my place and meet. since im a private range, i can shut it down for cyber meets anytime i want. it works out pretty well. guys bring bbq, guns, they all chill in the clubhouse, and shoot if they want. i never charge for the meet. if i did, small groups would most likely not be able to afford the lease option. so i do it for free and tell everyone to bring their own guns and ammo.
    i usually ask for something for targets and give free instruction to everyone.
    and since i cant be giving away everything for charity, thats where the forum rules may effect me. even though the function isnt the result of business, it can be misconstrude as advertising and charging admission.
    the result is, im punished for being blessed with a range that i cant invite anyone to.
    see, i didnt build the range to profit from, it just happen to come with the property i bought. not many people are willing to come to the middle of nowhere unless theres a good reason. i try to make the reason... to shoot and have a ftf experience with good people.
    ive had people as far as texas and chicago come. if more people knew the deal it is, hopefully more would come.
    its not every day a range owner drops the gate, yells free lessons, and lets just anyone in. i do.

hopefully a mod or admin guy will read this and give their opinion and quote rules or something. i think it would be a great way to connect people.

6. winds-of-change

I will bring this to the attention of the forum owner. Mods can't make any decision on things like this.

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'm still wondering what we're intervening in. Is someone a drug addict or a drunk? What's going on?

8. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Bobski, if you can get a good sized get together set up, I'd definitely be interested in going if funds allow for it.

9. bobski

i might want to remind you guys....its a skeet/trap range. i dont have pistol or rifle booths. im even afraid to say this much. i dont want anyone to think im advertising on a forum.

10. Devin556

Devin556 New Member

I don't think any one will see it as advertising. You have already said you won't charge for admittance, and it is only fair for people to pitch in for targets and supplies. I think its a great thing your doing and wish I could join in but I'm in AL and let's just say I don't get out much.

11. bobski

its too bad...i had a guy come from shreveport last year.
    and so everyone will know, i live in va. the range is in mo. even i have to travel 1000 miles to get to it to open it up. its not like i have an office there and sit and solicit customers. the range is mostly open for locals who use to know the original owner. as a favor to them, i let them come on and shoot. i usually like to try to cram everyone to come to cyber meets in the 2 times im there a year. for all the in between time, its a hay farm with cows!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  12. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'm about two hours east of shreveport. Tex is about that far the other way.

I smell a possible carpool.

I'm watching this thread to see if y'all work out a date.

For real though. Intervention? Anyone? Please? Typo? I hope it's a typo...

13. bobski

im there in march. the whole month. i dont want to get to ahead of it all though. we need to see what the admins say.

14. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i just wanted in on the fun too!

Attached Files:

15. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

So, no rifles or pistols? :(

Your a gun addict like the rest of us. ADMIT IT!!!

The car pool idea is pretty good too. :D

March is good for me. I doubt notdku would mind you setting something like this up. Send him a pm.

16. bobski

no, i didnt start the thread. i dont want to instigate it. you guys ask.

17. trip286

trip286 New Member

Personally, I'm not going to ask anyone for permission to go hang out with anyone else.

HEY EVERYBODY!!! PARTY AT BOBSKI'S PLACE!!! DATE AND TIME TBD!!!

There. Now that that's handled... what's on the menu?

18. winds-of-change

Only shotguns?

It's been put on Notdku's desk.

19. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Drunk. Lol I also spelled annual wrong.

20. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

What part of AL?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.