1st amendment police!!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by chrishiggin29, Mar 20, 2013.

1. chrishiggin29

chrishiggin29 Member

I see the 1st amendment and censorship police on Here are workin overtime today. As some of my threads are disappearing. not politically correct enough I guess.

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

as the forum is privately owned, whatever the administrators allow is the right you have. pretty much the same as being in someone else's house.

3. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Were you being profane or insulting?

Attached Files:

4. chrishiggin29

chrishiggin29 Member

No. just posted a article I read in the LA times. They were calling gun owners the new terrorist

5. MisterMcCool

Hmm. Something to debate.... But it would be one sided on a gun forum.

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

Don't bash our staff please. If you have a problem, contact one of them. You're post may have only been moved or merged into a related thread.

Again, have a problem or a question? Go to them. As Axxe pointed out, it is a privately owned site. Your first amendment is constrained by the terms of use you agreed to when you created your account.

7. chrishiggin29

chrishiggin29 Member

Idk guess they thought someone would get the wrong idea

8. MisterMcCool

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

i removed it because it was political in nature outside the politics subforum.

political talk is strictly verbotten outside the politics subforum. we are primarily a gun forum for talkin gun stuff. politics is reserved for supporting members. there are plenty of political forums. its kept to minimum because it will get out of control with drive by trolling. thats why its limited to the folks that are invested in hanging around and being deeply involved in the forum here

another area that gets posts vanished is the firearms in the media section when people post about things that do not involve an actual news media outlet doing a positive story about firearms usage.

if you feel a post was removed unjustly feel free to pm me or another mod we will be happy to dig up the why for you.

each subforum has stickies regarding the posting guidelines for that subforum.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  10. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

When you sign up you agree to the terms set by the owners and enforced by mods and admin.. Simple as that really, you have no '1st amendment rights' here, or any forum for that matter.
    I belong to a forum that has no language filter etc and they delete stuff all the time. Remember they have site sponsorship to conceder as well

11. MisterMcCool

Good point. I think you have to be a supporting member to post on the political sub forum.

12. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

This is one of the most laid back forums I have ever been on.

13. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Yep! I haven't been banned (yet).

14. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

Chris, simple solution... Send in your 20 bucks and become a supporting member. Then post all the politics you want!

15. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

bazinga......!!!!!

16. Vincine

Vincine New Member

The Politics, Religion and Controversy forum has 5,748 threads with 86,034 posts. Believe me it’s not an echo chamber. Lots of different and sometimes conflicting opinions, and a few jokes too (some of them are even funny ;)) about all kinds of stuff. But you have to pony up to be allowed in.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  17. jgoertz

jgoertz New Member

This has to be the most democratic, open-minded forum in existence. I sometimes cringe at some of the postings and wonder why they are allowed. I have come to the conclusion that the moderators believe in first amendment rights as strongly as the second. Unless the posting is grossly out of line with vulgarity, lies, name calling,misplaced subjects, etc. they let people express themselves. They sometimes seem like teachers in a kindergarten class guiding immature children (herding cats). We are lucky to have them. Thanks to each of them.

18. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Politburo..............

Why is it when people talk politics, theres always a fight........Obama is a good eggszample............[ rotten eggs ]......North, south, east and west, fTf is the best....................Hop on the wagon and take a ride......... Just remember.......... You gonna need a thick hide............And a sence of humor.............;)

19. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Absolutely!

And if you don’t agree with that, something’s wrong with you, we don’t like your kind, you don’t belong here, and you should be banned!

Just saying’

;)

20. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

I want to just add this....

Ive spent time (briefly) on similar forums and these mods are LIGHT YEARS ahead of the rest out there. They are fair and balanced....and even allow a little action from time to time as long as it doesnt turn ugly. This is not a brown-nose comment, I dont own any stock on FTF or owe anyone anything. This is a regular Joe Schmo perspective. You think these guys are rigid??? Spend some time on other forums......its gestapo/nazi haven!

Follow the rules and you have nothing to worry about brother