196-Series Dressed Up...

Discussion in 'Mini-14 Forum' started by KMO, Feb 5, 2011.

1. KMO

KMO New Member

I thought I had this 196-series Mini-14 all set up the way I wanted...Then my buddy Charley sent me a Genuine Leather Dangly Thing to hang off of the Mo-Rod. NOW it's complete...:cool:

[​IMG]

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I bet the dangly thing really improves accuracy.

3. KMO

KMO New Member

Harmonics, man...harmonics...:cool:

4. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

Just like the dangly things on a bow string.

Jim..........

5. KMO

KMO New Member

But, hey, dangly thing aside, don't you like the rest of it?

6. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

The Reaper sight/brake in black looks great on your rifle. It really complements the Mo-Rod. :cool:

7. doctherock

doctherock New Member

How does the mag bracket work out? Does it not get in the way of the bolt?

8. KMO

KMO New Member

LOL...The angle of that photo and the magazine dust cover pushed up slightly make it look like it would interfere with the slide, but it doesn't. The only drawback is the extra weight, but we all need the exercise anyway, right? :cool:

9. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I have 4 20 round mags with mine so the clamps would be nice. I also need to get some metal 30's.

10. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I like the looks of the Reaper, I was looking at it in the other threads. Maybe after I get a Mo-Rod.:cool:

11. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

I still like the wood handguard much better than the plastic. Rifle looks good Kelly.

Jim..........

12. DocWard

DocWard New Member

Very sharp looking rifle!

13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Windage flag thingies? :p

Nice stick!

14. KMO

KMO New Member

Oh, yea...that too...:cool:

15. Stillwater

Stillwater New Member

I have to say you have a nice looking Mini gun...

I know this is an old thread, however, one thing I have noticed is that very few Mini guns with scopes mounted, have lens shades on them. Is their a reason for this?

Bill

16. KMO

KMO New Member

Yes...Bad memory. After leaving a number of scope covers who-knows-where, I opted for flip-ups. Haven't lost one yet...:cool:

17. Stillwater

Stillwater New Member

I don't mean Lens Covers, I meant Lens shade.

A lens shade is an extention that screws into the objective lens housing, to shade the lens from direct sunlight. And to hide the reflection from the glass so your enemy, or your game, can't see it.

Bill

18. KMO

KMO New Member

Sorry Bill...I'm not only misplacing my scope covers, but now I'm reading poorly as well...dang...Anyway, I've never used an optic with that sort of shade, but alot of guys do. They probably work just fine. Actually, I've traded off this particular rifle, and replaced it with a different Ranch version. This time I've gone with an Ultra Dot Match Dot mounted on Warn QD rings. No shade on this red dot sight either, but I sure like it...:cool:

19. Stillwater

Stillwater New Member

You don't have anything to be sorry for. I'm a college graduate, that sometimes has a reading comprehension of lower tier first grade...!

I even had to take bone-head English, before I could get into English 101. I had a lot of company though.

Bill