1957 Sturm Ruger Standard

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by BDSTRICK, Feb 29, 2012.

1. BDSTRICK

BDSTRICK New Member

Turns out the firearm I thought was a MKII is actually a 1957 Ruger Standard, I calked ruger and they told me the manufacture date. With my research 1957 is the last year the standard was manufactured. Any other info would be great thanks.

2. USAFret

USAFret New Member

I have a standard (RST-4) manufactured in 1965. It's built like a tank and is very accurate. When I first bought it it would not fire and when I stripped it down, I discovered that the previous owner had removed the firing pin assembly. With some advice from Bullseye on the Gun Talk Forum and great support from Ruger for the parts, I had the gun up and running within a week. Been a flawless shooter ever since.

3. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

i've got one from 1955, while the finish is rough, it feeds, fires, & ejects ANY ammo i put in it. and with good accuracy to boot. it had an entire lifetime of use before i bought it & i see no signs of it crapping out anytime soon

there's a reason these have been in production for over 60 years & with some care, your grandchildren could pass it on to their grandchildren.