1911A1 compact

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by JK7706, Nov 29, 2012.

1. JK7706

JK7706 New Member

I have a Colt compact 1911A1 with some custom work by Wilson. Thinking about trading it for a Glock, Springfield or possibly Kahr in .45. any thoughts? Thinking about something that might be a little lighter and easier to carry.

2. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Fwiw, I would keep a colt over any of those other guns. Later in life, you will miss that gun. Jmho

3. JK7706

JK7706 New Member

Thanks for the input, unfortunately , I am later in life

4. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

We have a classified page here on FTF if you do decide to sell your Colt. Lots of 1911 afficionados on here.

5. downsouth

downsouth New Member

I believe you have to have a certian amount of post before you can use that page as a seller.

6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I believe you are correct, sir. :eek: I saw the join date of 9/2011 and did not pay attention to the post count.

7. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Better ask for 2 glocks for that gun. I wouldn't own a plastic gun if you gave it to me. Guns are steel and wood and something you can look at not an ugly piece of plastic. That is the reason I own revolvers and 1911s. Then I'm old and plastic guns weren't around when I was young. Times change I guess.

8. TimKS

TimKS Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Oh, I bet you would, but I respect your opinion to NOT like them. ;)

9. Garadex

Garadex New Member

Don't worry I'm young but way prefer steel and wood also. I also generally dislike 98% of other people my age. Who know what's up with that.

10. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

I personally would not trade down. A glock and Kahr are both trading down in my opinion. If your dead set on trading it off, trade it for a good sig sauer.

11. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

IMO, that would seriously be trading way down unless some serious money was going along with the trade. personally i would keep the Colt and just buy another pistol.

now i am getting older, it took me a while to warm up to polymer guns as i had been raised with blued steel and wood as well as some others here. i like my polymer guns for what they are, but my steel and wood pistols really have place in my heart that is pure nostagia when i handle them or shoot them. plastic just doesn't do the same thing for me.

12. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I have to agree with the statements above.
    While plastic does have its merits, there is "just something" about passing a wood and metal firearm down that a plastic and metal firearm cannot fulfill.

13. JK7706

JK7706 New Member

Thanks everyone for the great input. You know, it WAS my first 1911. I think I am going to keep it and stop wondering if the grass is greener thing. This pistol has never jammed or acted up in 15 years. If I sell or trade a gun, it won't be this one

14. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Happy we could talk you off the ledge.

Alright fellows that's a wrap, next problem is chicken or the egg, which came first.

Oh wait, what other guns are you thinking about selling ?

15. JK7706

JK7706 New Member

Guys, thanks for all of your input. You have convinced me to keep my Colt. It WAS my first 1911 and it has never jammed or acted up in 15 years. I may add to my collection or trade something else, but not this one.

16. JK7706

JK7706 New Member

Sorry missed my own post

17. Tidalforce79

Tidalforce79 New Member

Yes, keep the Colt for sure..........just save up a little money and buy a Glock if you really want one.

18. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

I BS sometimes just to get a rise. They don't compete with my metal guns though. Some of mine. Never shoot them anymore though. Should sell them, but that is blasphemy to me.

[​IMG]

19. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Good choice!

Ya know I've been over on the other side of the fence (too many times) and the grass is just as brown, on both sides. [​IMG]

20. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Whew-- That was close :eek:
    :D:D