Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Colt compact 1911A1 with some custom work by Wilson. Thinking about trading it for a Glock, Springfield or possibly Kahr in .45. any thoughts? Thinking about something that might be a little lighter and easier to carry.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Better ask for 2 glocks for that gun. I wouldn't own a plastic gun if you gave it to me. Guns are steel and wood and something you can look at not an ugly piece of plastic. That is the reason I own revolvers and 1911s. Then I'm old and plastic guns weren't around when I was young. Times change I guess.

·
Premium Member
3,050 Posts
Better ask for 2 glocks for that gun. I wouldn't own a plastic gun if you gave it to me. Guns are steel and wood and something you can look at not an ugly piece of plastic. That is the reason I own revolvers and 1911s. Then I'm old and plastic guns weren't around when I was young. Times change I guess.
Oh, I bet you would, but I respect your opinion to NOT like them. ;)

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
limbkiller said:
Don't worry I'm young but way prefer steel and wood also. I also generally dislike 98% of other people my age. Who know what's up with that.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I personally would not trade down. A glock and Kahr are both trading down in my opinion. If your dead set on trading it off, trade it for a good sig sauer.

·
Banned
0 Posts
IMO, that would seriously be trading way down unless some serious money was going along with the trade. personally i would keep the Colt and just buy another pistol.

now i am getting older, it took me a while to warm up to polymer guns as i had been raised with blued steel and wood as well as some others here. i like my polymer guns for what they are, but my steel and wood pistols really have place in my heart that is pure nostagia when i handle them or shoot them. plastic just doesn't do the same thing for me.

·
Retired
13,662 Posts
I have to agree with the statements above.
While plastic does have its merits, there is "just something" about passing a wood and metal firearm down that a plastic and metal firearm cannot fulfill.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone for the great input. You know, it WAS my first 1911. I think I am going to keep it and stop wondering if the grass is greener thing. This pistol has never jammed or acted up in 15 years. If I sell or trade a gun, it won't be this one

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Thanks everyone for the great input. You know, it WAS my first 1911. I think I am going to keep it and stop wondering if the grass is greener thing. This pistol has never jammed or acted up in 15 years. If I sell or trade a gun, it won't be this one
Happy we could talk you off the ledge.

Alright fellows that's a wrap, next problem is chicken or the egg, which came first.

Oh wait, what other guns are you thinking about selling ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Guys, thanks for all of your input. You have convinced me to keep my Colt. It WAS my first 1911 and it has never jammed or acted up in 15 years. I may add to my collection or trade something else, but not this one.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
Good choice!

Ya know I've been over on the other side of the fence (too many times) and the grass is just as brown, on both sides.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts