1911 Resume

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by NGIB, Feb 25, 2010.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I post a lot of stuff about 1911s so I figured it's time to post a list of the 1911 brands & types I have owned:

Armscor, Citadel, Colt, Dan Wesson, High Standard, Kimber, Para Ordnance, Rock Island, and Springfield. (I've had multiples of nearly all of them) I've had them in 9mm, .40, and .45 (and .22 conversions) and in barrel lengths of 3, 3.5, 4, 4.25, 5, and 6 inches.

Before someone jumps on me about the Armscor, while they make the RIAs, Citadels, and High Standards (and others) - they also imported guns with their own rollmark for a short time in the early 2000s...

2. suprdave

suprdave New Member

My Resume is short. :( Dan Wesson. My first pistol.

3. NGIB

NGIB New Member

A damn nice first pistol though - befitting of THE drunk ninja!

4. amoroque

amoroque New Member

My resume is short too:

Springfield Armory 1911 A1, my first pistol as well.

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

My first 1911 was a Springfield Mil Spec that I had Springfield Custom work on and Novak's install sights. Second was a Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special, then a Dan Wesson Commander Bobtail, briefly, very briefly, a pos RIA Tactical and my current love, a customized and rebuilt 1927 Sistema built in 1959.

[​IMG]

6. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

My first was a Colt that was stolen shortly after I bough it. :( My second was a ParaOrdnance P14-45. For the third one, I want one of the Argentine 1911 variants, either a Sistema 1927 or a Ballester Molina. They are a must for any Argentine 1911 lover!

7. Highpower

Highpower New Member

I wouldn't even think about jumping on you considering my resume......

Colt, Kimber and STAR! :eek: :p

8. Orlandorealtor

Orlandorealtor New Member

Very Short Kimber Ultra Stainless Raptor II. My first 1911 .45 pistol.

9. NGIB

NGIB New Member

One of the neatest little guns I ever had was a Star BM compact 9mm that looked and operated much like a 1911. I sold it as parts are near impossible to find. JD will be along shortly and chide me for never having owned a Nighthawk...

10. colmustard

colmustard New Member

My first 1911 is a tauraus pt1911 nice pistol for a starter 1911, still have it but recently bought a colt govt. series 80 and love it!:D How are the citadils, i seen one for sale for $579? By the way very impressive list of 1911 y'all!

11. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

And that, my friend, is why I solicited your knowledge when chosing my first 1911. :D

12. NGIB

NGIB New Member

The Citadel is basically a Rock Island with a different rollmark...

13. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

My first was a Taurus PT1911, which got me hooked on the damn things.

14. colmustard

colmustard New Member

Thanks NGIB there is a RIA here for $500 so I might lean towards that instead since there basicly the same.;)

15. NGIB

NGIB New Member

The finish on the Citadel I had was nicer than any of the RIAs I've owned but mechanically - they're the same gun...

16. jackg

jackg New Member

That's great

All I can say is that you have been fortunate to have been exposed to all of these guns.
    My first, & only, 1911 is a Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II and after 4 months of ownership it hasn't failed me once, not only that but it's just beautiful to look at. Another 1911 is in the pipeline.

I would really like to know which gun is your favorite for CC & home defense?

17. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

1911's that I may, or may have had. Most, if not all, were lost in the Grand lake boating incident. :(

*sniffle*

STI
    Wilson
    Colt
    S&W
    Dan Wesson
    Springfield
    Para Ordinance

Jack

18. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I have carried my Commander but none of my 1911s really serve in a defensive role at all. I like pin shoots and steel shoots and this is where my 1911s get their workout.

I have a S&W 686 as my nightstand gun, an XD .45 compact as my laying around in other rooms gun, and I generally carry a pocket pistol...

19. Highpower

Highpower New Member

I've got a model B that isn't worth a hoot with 115gr ball, but it comes to life with 124gr. Go figure... :rolleyes:

So when are we going to hear from the Les Baer, Ed Brown et al. Fan boys? :D

20. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I don't think those guys would be classified as fanboys. If they can afford that brand of pistol (or Wilson, or Nighthawk), they are not fanboys, IMO.