1911 pistol forum insane?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by edteach, Jun 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edteach

edteach Member

I joined the 1911 forum a bit ago to get up on some of the colts I have. I keep getting points for infarctions such as asking a question about a colt trigger in the "Heaven forbid" colt forum instead of the parts forum. This happened a few times. Once when I used the horrible word [cover your kids eyes] crap when I was describing why my 45 acp dies were not loading correct and the stuff [crap] I removed from the seater die. LOL Its like a bunch of kids who should not be given a safety badge at school and they are not Gestapo agents. LOL Anyone else been on this site?

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

If that is the 1911forum.org then yes.

I will not give my views as it is bad manners to bash a fellow site.

All I can say is I love my kimber and prefer the 1911 owners here over there.

3. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

for going to another site!

Only kidding, Some forums are very regimented, There is usually a breaking period where noobs are treated like soggy **** samiches, Stick it out or find a better forum.
    Best of luck :D

4. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Points? Really? Will they revoke your posting license if you accumulate too many points in a given period of time? Perhaps a fine is in order. :rolleyes:
    Shame on you.;)

5. edteach

edteach Member

Understood. To be honest many of the people there have been very helpful, its the mods that seem to have an authority problem. LOL. I am more amused than angry.

6. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

I have seen several forums like that, I hang out in a lot of Browns forums and there is one that is just NOTORIOUS for treating "noobs" like a door mat, and the mods stuck up for the "old timers." Noobs keep the site fresh, running them away is the exact OPPOSITE of what you want to do! Idiocy..

7. edteach

edteach Member

The note I got said I received 3 points for posting in an improper category, if I accumulated 10 points I would be banned for 7 days, the points stay on my record for 60 days and then drop off if I do not get the 10 needed to be banned. Yep that exactly the note I received with my infraction of posting in the wrong forum. My argument is that if I ask a question about a colt and post it in the colt forum how is that the wrong category? LOL It make for good entertainment though. LOL.

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I go over there on occasion, but as a general rule, only for the classifieds. FTF is my gun forum. ;)

9. orangello

orangello New Member

A whole forum for 1911 geeks? I wonder what the median age is, 65? Heck, most of those 1911 fanbois have no real right to criticize the fans of tupperware, since there is probably more plastic in the geezers' joints than in the tupperware kids' holsters.

;) :p

10. edteach

edteach Member

LOL thats probably true.

11. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Same here. I browse the classifieds at other forums.

I use to participate in them, but found the mods to be all too power happy. Just plain rude a$$es. :mad:

Anyway, I love it here. :D :cool:

12. Seven

Seven New Member

I was banned from that site for making a joke.

13. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Was it in a joke thread? That would be bad.

14. Car54

Car54 New Member

You know, if you keep getting points, why do you keep antagonizing those poor folks. It's quite apparent that you are doing it on purpose. You are a trouble maker.

Go sit in the corner and repeat at least 10 times, "Firearms Talk Forum is close to heaven".

Attached Files:

15. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

There are other gun forums?? :eek:

16. Seven

Seven New Member

Nope.
    Was a "pet peeve" thread started by a mod. Just so happened my pet peeve was something the mod was guilty of...not using capitalization.

oops.

17. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Uh, have you thought of terminating your participation on that forum?

18. edteach

edteach Member

And you did not put it in the grammar thread? No wonder.

19. JonM

JonM Moderator

no there arent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.