1911 parts kits

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by m_collins07, Oct 12, 2012.

1. m_collins07

m_collins07 New Member

I am trying to find cheap 1911 parts kits and cheap slides and frames does anyone have any ideas on where I can get them? And I know cheap it's the key word which in 1911 models none are real cheap! LOL ill be thankful for any help!

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

Kits minus frames can be found on Ebay. A frame you'll have to get from an FFL, as it's the part considered the firearm and needs the background check.

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

SARCO may have what you are looking for.
    Remember, that using inexpensive parts makes for an inexpensive 1911 and the parts may need fitting to work together.

http://www.sarcoinc.com/

4. guncollector

guncollector New Member

while cheap is a subjective term King Gun Works can supply all the parts needed for any up-grades . they have a rather large selection of 1911 parts. same for Brownells. you can check them both out online

5. m_collins07

m_collins07 New Member

Thank you all ill look into these places. I was aware that I need to go through an FFL holder to get frames. But here within about three to four months I should have my FFL I'm a beginning gunsmith who is looking for the best distributors that I can find. And that's why I love this forum it has helped me out a lot! Thank you for all your help!

SWSinTN likes this.
  6. m_collins07

m_collins07 New Member

Thank you all for the information