1911 or Glock 22 Conversion Kit??

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Stillersfan, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

I carry Kimber Ultra Carry II and switch off to a Glock every once and a while. My question is: Would you go with the 1911 or Glock 22 conversion kit? Cost is the same.

2. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Converting what to what?????

3. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

22 dood, he says it several times. Lol okay twice lol

I think you assume he means a Glock 22. Lol

Oh and I'd go with whichever was easiest to convert or cheapest.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  4. locutus

If that's the case, I'd go with the Kimber. While I'm definitely not a 1911 fan, they are far better target/plinking guns than Glocks, and 22 is a target/plinking calibre

5. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Amenski to that brutha! Love me 22lr. Want a 22 short next.

6. locutus

Many years ago, I had a little Beretta in .22 short. I'm not sure if it was good for anything, but it sure was fun to shoot.

7. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

But aren't they all, or at least the ones that do so regularly? Lol

Beretta Minx, 950. Good gun

I've got the big brother in 25, the Jetfire.

8. locutus

So do I!:):)

9. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Perfect little pocketer ain't it!?!

Love mine!

10. kirbinster

kirbinster New Member

I think the .22 conversion kit for the Glock is cheaper, and its a lot quicker to change the slide in the Glock than in a 1911. That said I just got a Kimber with the .22 Conversion kit and have a Glock G22, so maybe you should listen to what I do not what I say :)

11. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

45 ACP to .22 or 9MM to .22 if converting the glock.

12. n2cycles

n2cycles New Member

I have advantage arms conversion for my g19. I have had it for years and it works fine. It really helps with learning the trigger pull and improved my accuracy with all my glocks. The problem is that it makes the gun very light in weight so it doesnt feel the same as the g19. It is accurate and reliable as long as you keep it clean and use decent ammo. The really cheap low powered ammo will not have the power to eject the spent round in every case. The problem I see is that the kit is so expensive you could buy a decent 22lr handgun for as similar price. Not sure I would rush out and buy a 22 right now with ammo availability unless you have a stock pile. I have a PMR30 in 22 mag and that is one fun gun to shoot. Expensive to feed though.